Position: QA Leader
Location: Commutable from Louth/Monaghan and Armagh
Reporting to: Quality Manager
The Quality Assurance leader will be responsible for controlling the day to day quality activities in addition to implementing, maintaining and improving the Quality Management System for client sites. The successful candidate will work alongside an existing team to ensure that both product and process meet specification, statutory obligations & customer requirements.
Key Responsibilities to include:
- Through daily routine monitoring and verification ensure all products are produced to the required specifications, manufacturing practices and food hygiene legislation.
- Conduct regular hygiene and fabrication audits, quality checks, label verification, system compliance checks, microbiological sampling, recording and trending.
- Provide technical support in the identification of non-compliance's / deviations from the quality system and implement corrective actions and procedures to prevent re occurrence.
- Investigating customer complaints and implementing corrective actions, liaising with customers.
- Identify areas for improvement & work with teams to strive for a best in industry standard.
- Actively participate in quality improvement plans to enhance product quality, line efficiency, reducing raw material waste, line downtime and ultimately consumer complaints.
- Motivate the production teams to understand food safety & food quality and how this is incorporated into their daily duties.
- Ensure Quality KPI's are achieved and maintained.
- Ensure the QMS is implemented, maintained, and improved on where necessary.
- Prepare for, participate in and in some cases, lead customer visits & 3rd party audits.
- Champion the quality agenda on the site always.
- Implementation and maintenance of the company's Origin Green plan.
- Participate in monthly annual Bord Bia audits.
- Provide and deliver training programs to new and existing employees.
Skills & Requirements:
- Diploma / Degree in Food Science / Food Technology
- Excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work on own initiative and unsupervised but also work well as a team player
- Good time management, planning and organisational skills
- Good understanding of HACCP principles, Bord Bia standards and BRC V8
- Ideally have up to 2 years' experience in a FMCG environment however full training will be provided
- Full clean driving licence