Quality Control Operative, Newry
Job Title: Quality Control Operative
Salary: £19,656 per annum
About the role
As QCO, you will assist the Quality manager with the company's quality standards/programmes to ensure that products are fit for purpose and meet both external and internal requirements, including legal compliance and customer expectations.
About the person
- Attention to detail is a must
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, be a team player, and also be able to work with a hands-on approach with flexibility
- Responsible for monitoring production processes and activities to ensure customer, legislative and Company expectations are being met (Monitoring the quality of raw material through to final product).
- Responsible for carrying out finished product checks on all product brands and recording findings on quality documentation including product weight checks and label checks.
- Conducting internal Audits: Glass Hard Plastic Audits
- Checking the accuracy of measuring equipment -daily and weekly checks
- Daily Blade Checks
- Assisting with monthly GMP and fabrication audits
- Conducting Daily start up inspections.
- Ensuring traceability information is captured
- Carry out daily routine checks (temperature monitoring)
- Responsible for ensuring all corrective actions raised whilst carrying out duties are closed off and agreed by Production/ Quality/Technical Manager.
- Prepare and assist with customer and BRC audits
This is an extremely fast paced position within the company. Work hours are irregular and will be influenced by problems needing instant action. You will be working in a temperature controlled environment.
- Good Communication Skills in English (interpersonal, listening, written and oral) and a working knowledge of English
- Basic reading and mathematical skill for following recipes and training manuals
- Good basic physical fitness for a physically demanding role
- Be trustworthy and reliable
- Have an understanding of Food Hygiene and importance of good Health and Safety practice and procedures
- Be willing and able to learn practices involving all aspects of the production of food products
- The ability to work as part of team and make a positive contribution
- Ability to take accountability and work on own initiative without supervision
- A flexible approach to work to meet the needs of the business and the role
- A friendly, positive, enthusiastic and professional character
If you would like to have a chat a about this role in total confidence please contact Caitriona McKerr on 02892667585