We are recruiting for a dedicated Quality Engineer to join the team of one of our clients based in Ballymena. The client is a successful, locally owned manufacturer and they are looking for a Quality Engineer to support continued growth and development in the business. Working in a busy factory environment, and reporting to the Quality Manager, the Quality Engineer will be responsible for achieving and maintaining industry leading levels of quality throughout our manufacturing operations.
Main Duties / Responsibilities:
- Working within the Quality Management System to ensure compliance with IS09001 and to drive Quality Performance forwards
- Ability to create reports that provide a high-level summary, capturing the required level of detail and offering fact-based objective conclusions.
- Analysis and resolution of Customer & Supplier Quality concerns
- Carry out process, product and system audits
- Conducting detailed investigations, preparing reports for Senior Management
- Periodically review and update the Quality Management System documents to ensure they remain applicable and in line with the Company Policy and Objectives.
Person Specification: Education: Degree educated in an engineering / technical discipline with experience in a manufacturing environment.
- 3+ years' experience working within a Quality based role.
- Strong understanding of Quality Management systems Page 1 of 2 * ISO-9001 Auditor certification and experience dealing with third party Audits.
- Be familiar with a variety of inspection techniques and be able to act as an auditor for all internal systems identifying issues and recommending solutions
- Problem solving skills - experience of root cause analysis. An understanding of structured analyses is required, as is an awareness of the weaknesses associated with these techniques.
- Experience working with production colleagues to drive product quality and process improvement.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Be organised and be able to manage and prioritise your own workload.
- Strong IT skills - including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Flexible approach to changing priorities Desirable: -- ISO 9001 Lead assessor.
- Experience of Lean manufacturing.
- Experience of preparing weekly management performance analysis reports.
Hours of work (flexible): Mon - Thu: 6.30am - 4:45pm
- Salary range for is £28 to £35k depending on experience.
Job Type- Full time, Permanent
If you are interested in the above position please apply and a member of the Staffline team will be in touch with those successful applicants.