Quality Inspector required for the Northern Ireland Housing Executive.
Location: Fredrick Street, Newtownards
Hours: 37 hours p/w
Pay rate: £11.39 p/h
Duration: 4 mos. initial
The post holder provides an inspection and measurement service on allocated construction sites, ensuring contract standards are maintained in respect of Statutory Regulations, materials and workmanship. The post holder inspects records reports and measures works completed at various stages throughout construction, maintains detailed records, and forwards these records and measurements to the Contract Administrator/Project Manager.
- To maintain a formal and organised up-to-date electronic Project File with: Weekly Reports, Emails, Photographs, Minutes, Certificates, Drawing and any other relative site information also keeping a daily diary monitoring site activities
- Inspect the works at various stages of construction and provide electronic reports on compliance with Executive Specification and Statutory Regulations, as well as workmanship and materials
- Immediately advise the Contract Administrator/Project Manager of any non-compliance including Health and Safety and Welfare which requires urgent notification, action and attention; with particular reference to any dangerous Health and Safety Welfare breaches on site
- General measurement of works as and when necessary or requested by Project Manager
- To present and clearly communicate to the Contract Administrator/Project Manager by email all inspection findings including Health and Safety and Welfare in a comprehensive electronic Weekly Report that accurately records and reflects all findings on site
- Keep the Contract Administrator/Project Manager informed by Email, phone, with particular reference to any variations from the proposed works, or any aspect of the works that could give rise to a Compensation Event
- Accompany Contract Administrator/Project Manager during works Handover Process and in a timely and accurate manner complete all Handover paperwork and present to Contract Administrator/Project Manager for action
- Record and file information using both mobile technology and desktop computers as required, adhering to the Organisations File Plan and IT policies
- Carry out any other duties relevant to the work and relevant to a TL2 Grade as required
- The post holder must be computer literate and be familiar with all relevant MS programs, also have access to a form of transport which will permit them to carry out the duties of the post.
Bachelor's Degree in relevant Technical/Construction Discipline with a minimum of 2 years' post qualification experience in construction maintenance
BTEC Higher Certificate/Diploma or equivalent qualification in a Technical/Construction related discipline with 3 years' post qualification experience in construction maintenance
Can demonstrate equivalent continuing professional development/experiential learning and at least 4 years working within a project delivery function
If you are interested and available for this position, please upload your CV to the link or contact Orlaith Fogarty. Orlaith.Fogarty@stafflinerecruit.com/02890242824 ext 303
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.