|Published||19 days ago|
We are recruiting for a Quality Manager to join the team of one of our clients on a full time permanent basis. The client manufactures a range of composite doors and innovative window systems at their factory in Ballymena
The successful Quality Manager will take full responsibility for managing all activities required to direct and control manufacturing quality in a fast-paced and growing business environment. Reporting to board level, the Quality Manager will have responsibility for a team of 9 Quality personnel including Team Leaders, QC Inspectors and Quality Auditor.
- Ensuring agreed daily / weekly/ monthly Quality & Inspection targets are achieved.
- Reporting of quality results and regular KPI's to the Production Director
- Working with production Management Team to identify & discuss solutions to quality issues & improve Right First Time measurements
- Reviewing company's Quality Management System and documentation to ensure continued compliance with ISO 9001 accreditation requirements
- Liaison with Customer Services Manager to ascertain and take action on Customer and Supplier RFT data
- Working with Customers to deal with quality concerns
Leading and Motivating the Team:
- Provide energy, direction , leadership, development and support to your team to meet goals and build capability.
- Assist your team in dealing with HR issues, e.g. timekeeping, productivity, discipline, housekeeping, 5S, etc
- Review performance & work with your team to identify training needs
- Recommend areas for improvements and championing projects
- Passion for driving excellence in manufacturing
- HND/ Degree level qualifies in a Quality, Production or Engineering discipline or equivalent combination of qualifications/ experience
Technical Competence/ Ability
- Significant experience in a Quality Management role
- Excellent track record delivering against challenging KPI's
- Strong people leadership, coaching skills and communication skills
- Evidence of good organisational, planning and time management skills
- Knowledge of production & assembly processes would be advantageous
- Complying with the appropriate Health & Safety Standards
- Good level of computer skills
- Flexibility to work outside core hours when required by the demands of the business
Hours of Work:
- 39 Hours per week (Flexible)
- Monday to Thursday 06.30 to 4.45pm
- Monday to Thursday 07.00 to 16.00 & Friday 07.00 to 13.00
- Negotiable depending on experience
Job Type: Full time - Permanent
If you are interested in the above position, please apply and a member of the Staffline team will be in touch with those successful applicants.