Staffline Recruitment are currently seeking a Technical Quality Manager on behalf of our client based in Co. Cavan. A business who has been operating for over 100+ years who one of Ireland largest producers but also exporters. There is no doubt that this is a fantastic opportunity.
The below responsibilities are to be demonstrated through direct action and through effective leadership and management of the Quality team; includes (but are not limited to) the following:
- You must work with all departments and management colleagues to ensure that the food safety, quality, and legality of all products produced is being maintained at all times, complying with customer specifications. All products placed on the market must be safe, compliant, and fully traceable.
- To ensure effective implementation and monitoring of the Food Safety Management system, including the HACCP plan, pre-requisite programme and documented SOPs/SSOPs within the Value-Added manufacturing facility.
- To ensure the effective implementation and monitoring of the HACCP plan across all products produced.
- To provide the organisation with technical expertise and advice in the areas of food safety and legal compliance, working together to overcome business challenges in a busy environment and support the achievement of the business vision.
- To effectively maintain food safety standards that support GFSI (BRC, IFS) and customer standards.
- To drive continuous improvement through developing and progressing the current quality systems and operational processes within the business.
- To develop and implement technical improvement strategies and systems in response to potential non-conformances raised through audits and customer complaints.
- To encourage, manage and develop the Quality Control team, by leading by example, encouraging teamwork and driving improved performance within the team.
- To maintain a professional and technical relationship with new and existing customers.
- Manage the internal and external specifications database.
- Risk assessing all areas within the scope of the Value-Added facility for compliance to food safety, quality and legality requirements per accreditation and customer requirements and, where necessary, introducing change to processes and practices including, but not limited to, training to ensure the required standard is met.
- To investigate customer complaints with root cause analysis and establishing effective corrective and preventative action to prevent reoccurrence.
- Supplier approval and annual review, including the monitoring of performance and compliance with specification requirements.
- Participation in the NPD process in projects that may include a new product, ingredient, product type, shelf-life validation, key physical attribute requirements, new equipment, packaging, or product application which deviates from the current well-established processes within the business
- Aid in the on-site approval and surveillance audits conducted by third party certification bodies, DAFM and customers.
- Maintain good relationships with onsite Senior Management and across all other multi-disciplinary teams.
The ideal candidate
- You will hold a 3rd level qualification in a Food Science related subject
- You must hold suitable HACCP certification.
- You must have previous Technical/ Quality Management experience within the food manufacturing setting. Experience working within the meat industry would be an advantage.
- Extensive knowledge of auditing, quality standards and systems, quality management techniques such as HACCP, Statistical Process Control and knowledge of food legislation and legal procedures.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment is essential.
- You must strong interpersonal and communication skills, being able to work on your own initiative and also as part of a team, leading by example.
- Experience of managing projects, managing people and colleagues to achieve results in essential.
- You must have good IT skills and report writing skills.
- Experience working with retailers and their audit requirements.
- Experience working and implementing food safety management systems that comply with GFSI standards including BRC and IFS.
- A passion for food and quality.
If you are interested in this role please apply for immediate consideration