Job content/ Main Duties
I. Check / Sort / Log samples received from Production onto the Laboratory information management system
2. Test samples using chemical analysis, including specialised testing and laboratory projects.
3. Completion of swabbing and shelflife testing programs in addition to water testing activities
4. Collate results and input onto data trending spreadsheets and produce reports
5. Maintain production & quality system records - being competent in the quality management system and with the ability to act as an audit guide where needed.
6. Highlight and raise process non-conformances and subsequent liaison with Management.
7. Ensure correct disposal of waste.
8. Assist in the training of other staff
9. Be familiar with, review and improve laboratory test procedures as appropriate.
10. Cleaning of laboratory, benches, equipment
11. Complete calibration on equipment located within the Dale farm site, such as thermometers, milkoscans, cryoscopes, balances etc.
12. Carry out minor technicalrypairs, set-up procedures and maintenance on laboratory instruments .
13. Conduct audits of a process, compliance, hygiene and GMP nature and the appropriate follow up action to close-out nonconformances.
14. Carry out independent online checks
15. Laboratory consumables reordering using the Navision system within the budgetary control
16. Maintain health & safety procedures within the lab. This is to include risk assessments, and COSHH
17. Carry out other duties as directed by the Quality & Technical Manager