Staffline Ireland is currently looking for a Quantity Surveyor for an exciting opportunity with an immediate start date. The successful candidate will be working with a well established Construction Company in Galway on a permanent contract. This is a very busy company, who are looking for hard working and flexible individuals to join their expanding team.
The ideal candidate will have experience working within & assisting the commercial & construction team to ensure a successful project is delivered, while maintaining relationships, maximising commercial returns and manage risk. The right person for the role, will have effective time management, organisational, interpersonal and negotiation skills. We are looking for someone who would ideally have 5 years+ experience in the construction sector.
Responsibilities: Support the Senior Quantity Surveyor & Managing Quantity Surveyor commercial functions, assisting with & taking responsibility for
- Preparing tenders, analysing, selecting appropriate subcontractor's, negotiation & finalise subcontractor orders, financial & commercial management of subcontractor's to Final Account completion.
- Maintaining the site records ensure documentation is up to date
- Assisting in the preparation of forecasts, targets & Cost Value reconciliations
- Assisting and prepare valuationsof work to support the design team.
- Preparing variations with adequate records & details, agree as works progress
- Updating the projected Final Account, preparing & submitting reports in a timely manner.
- Liaising and reporting with the site management team
- Maintain & protect JSS commercial & contractual entitlement
- Carry ut CVR in order to monitor and measure expenditure against budgets on construction projects,
- To review and consider the risk/opportunity for the company projects.
- Cash management - Be aware & be actively involved to ensure good cash management.
- Support the tender application process at all stages.
- Manage & oversee Assistant Quantity Surveyor's & Trainee Quantity Surveyor's, checking & taking responsibility for their work..
- Involvement with and take some responsibility for Simple Design & Build/Contractors Design Portion contracts
- Responsible for the claims & disputes that may arise.
- A strong level of understanding of contract law is desirable.
- Ideal candidate to be involved in but no responsibility for contracts over €/£15m.
- Supervise AQS & sign-off Standard method of measurement/measurement issues.
- A Level 8 Degree in Quantity Surveying or relevant degree as a minimum. A relevant master's qualification is advantageous.
- Strong organisational and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication abilities.
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Full driving licence/ Own transport as there will be a small amount of travel to projects within Ireland.
- Ability to effectively utilise a range of technology platforms
- Be fully conversant with the use of the Standard Method of Measurement
- Demonstrate ownership/commercial awareness
- Free parking on site
- Pension contribution
- 26 days Annual Leave
- A fantastic opportunity to work in a fast growing company
Why use Staffline? We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please contact 091423293 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button