Staffline recruitment are currently seeking a Quantity Surveyor on behalf of our client based in Co. Monaghan. The organisation has been established for several years and has a management team with over 30 years' experience in the construction industry. Together as one team they have worked on major infrastructure projects and building projects. They are currently seeking a Quantity Surveyor to join the team on a permanent basis.
This is a wonderful opportunity for a candidate who has 3+ years' experience and wants to expand their career, skills, and opportunities with highly experienced group of professionals. 2023 will be a progressive year for the organisation and with the new year approaching fast the client is eager to invite applicants to apply for immediate consideration.
- Liaising with clients to identify their needs.
- Estimating quantities, costs, and time scales (Procurement).
- Preparing tender and contract documents in alignment with organisational guidelines.
- Identifying and weighing up commercial risks and reporting this to the MD.
- Valuing completed work, managing budgets, and overseeing payments in conjunction with senior members of staff.
- Preparation of compensation events.
- Following building regulations and health and safety.
- Working at a client's business, in an office or on site when required. (Site visits will be necessary with all clients.)
- Working on tenders with senior members of staff.
- Valuations/Site Measurements.
- Working as part of a team.
- Taking part in training and development opportunities to enhance your career.
- 3 years post-graduate experience (All applicants will be considered regardless of years' experience)
- Must have a Construction Management or Quantity Surveying qualification.
- Civil Engineering experiance
- An ability to achieve demanding time and quality targets.
- Good IT skills.
- A willingness to attend training and to develop relevant knowledge, techniques and skills.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to present findings.
- To be methodical, pay attention to detail and be accurate.
- Ability co-ordinate several different projects at the same time.