Staffline Recruitment are currently seeking on behalf of our client a "Research and Design Mechanical Technician". This is an exciting opportunity for one individual to join a well-known organisation that is operating for over 55 years in 70 countries with over 15,000 employees. There is no doubt that there will opportunities for career development within this role.
Candidate and role
The successful candidate will be expected to be methodical in their approach and to their work but also hands on with physical testing. This is essential for this role. The ideal individual will be energetic with a self-driven attitude and have the ability to work on multiple test projects.
- Preparation of test samples
- Building test rigs
- Calibration of test equipment
- Analyse and record test data
- Work effectively in conjunction with engineers and other technicians
- Provide sensible feedback on test performance
- Problem solving
- Draw up excel/word technical reports
- Fabricating and machining when required
Requirements and desirable requirements
- Hands on practical experience with roof/wall cladding systems
- Working at heights
- Working with hand tools, saws, drills, scissors lifts
- Knowledge of test equipment
- Good communication skills
- Motivated and positive attitude
- Flexibility to travel when required
- Pro-active approach to meeting deadlines when necessary
Foundation or Level 7 in Engineering discipline OR qualified fitter
Working knowledge of Autocad or Solidworks
Competitive salary and also benefits.
If you have any interest in this role and meet the requirements please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0429424052.