Ranger - Carrickfergus
Staffline Recruitment are working in partnership with the Northern Ireland Civil Service to recruit a temporary Ranger - Carrickfergus Castle to start ASAP for a duration of 4 Months (initially)
Pay rate: £10.49per hour (under view)
Location: Carrickfergus, BT38 - Co. Antrim
Hours: 37 = 5 out of 7 days - weekend and public holiday working is essential.
- It should be brought to candidates' attention that this post requires staff to work evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
- Candidates should be customer focused, confident in speaking to members of the public and able to give guided tours and interact with visitors to provide a high level of customer service.
- Other duties will include maintenance and site presentation duties such as grass cutting, hedge trimming, litter/dog foul collection and fencing at historic sites in Co Antrim and Co Down;
- driving of departmental vehicles; operating a range of tools and equipment such as hand tolls and minor plant and machinery.
- Training on locking up duties and tour guiding/customer interaction will be provided.
- The main duties of this job will include some or all of the following:
- Opening, closing and checking security of buildings and setting alarms as appropriate;
- Ensuring that the facilities are open during advertised times and providing the required level of services.
- Assisting with the operational running of the site;
- Site inspections;
- Litter inspections
- Cash handling on site e.g. admission charges and associated cashier duties;
- Supervision of visitor groups and exhibitions;
- Ensuring the care and safe handling of HED property and exhibits and sensible and safe use of property by visitors;
- Providing guided tours on request and interacting with groups of visitors;
- Contributing to enhanced visitor experiences (e.g. supervising arts and crafts sessions for children)
- Collecting visitor numbers
- Undertaking general duties for site and depot maintenance, including (but not limited to) grass cutting; hedge cutting, cleaning of equipment and facilities, operating lifting gear;
- Driving departmental vehicles from depot to sites, including transport of colleagues and materials.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**