Receptionist required for Ballymena area to work on a casual basis - hours available Mon-Sun on as & when basis - 10.98ph
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To provide a courteous and efficient reception service to the general public and to provide routine clerical assistance to the Office Administrator.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Service Delivery
- Provide a courteous, efficient and effective reception service in line with the Centre's objective of providing quality service to customers.
- Implement emergency procedures, medical, fire alarm, pool alarm etc, in accordance with Seven Towers Leisure Centre's Normal Operating Procedures (NOP's) and Emergency Action Plans (EAP's)
- Control and monitor lighting for various areas within the leisure Centre.
- Operate computerized bookings and point of sale system and issue relevant tickets to users for both Seven Towers Leisure Centre and Sentry Hill.
- Ensure authorization of issued refunds and complementary vouchers when required.
- Amalgamate, balance and verify daily facilities cash, cheques, visa etc and complete appropriate documentation in accordance with standard procedures.
- Check, prepare and make up till floats in accordance with centre procedures.
- Provide details of all leisure centre and Sentry Hill activities and facilities.
- Control ticket sales for special events for Council wide facilities, posting tickets to customers when necessary.
- Have a sound knowledge of the Council wide services and provide information on same.
- Operate switchboard promptly answering incoming calls in line with centre procedure, amending the voicemail message as required.
- Operate the centers public address system effectively in accordance with Reception procedure.
- Maintain a high level of Customer Care including taking ownership of customer queries and complaints ensuring any unresolved issues are forwarded to the Office Administrator.
- Receipt of lost property, including receipt and special care of valuables in line with lost property procedure.
- Processing of switch and credit card transactions in line with Best Practice.
- Receipt and safe return of deposits for equipment hire - party c.d.'s footballs etc.
- Follow the centre's Policy regarding the safe use of swimming pools, issue of session - bands and call-out of customers from the swimming pools, monitoring numbers in accordance with the centre's Access Policy.
- Control the entry of non-payers and undesirables in line with council's child protection policy, including supervision of public at reception and operation of disabled barriers and service call alarm.
- Record the entry of visitors/contractors entering and leaving the building in line with centre's Emergency Action Plan, issuing all visitors with STLC visitor's badges.
- Ensure all customers details are kept in a safe environment (Data Protection)
- Deal with/forward all enquiries regarding Fins Swimming Programme, Seven Towers Gymnastics Club, all centre based courses, classes and activity schemes.
- Actively promote Profiles and Leisure Centre membership packages, process and issue memberships, including enforcement of Council policy regarding categories
- Safe use, operation and securing of disabled lift from reception to café.
- Carry out communication via walkie - talkie between reception and Duty Officer, maintenance personnel and Centre attendants in order to relay information. E.g. Customer booking details etc.
- Record administrative enquiries and pass to administration for action.
- Undertake any other duties assigned by the Administration Officer/Duty Officer.
- Co-operate with the Council, its officers and staff, to enable them as far as necessary, to confirm and comply with any duty or requirement imposed as a result of any new law that may be in force regarding health and safety.
1 GCSE Maths and English Language (Grade C or above)
or equivalent 1 year's relevant administrative experience.
- Six months clerical experience in a customer focused
- A minimum of 6 months' experience of using Microsoft Office
Or as an alternative candidates who do not possess the required educational qualifications but who can demonstrate 4 years' relevant experience in a similar role may be considered.
It is essential to possess a minimum of RSA Stage II (Parts 1 and 2) Word processing, or equivalent.