Experienced and Confident Reception Supervisor required for Armagh
Rate of Pay: Salary depending on experience
Work Pattern: 5/7 days
Hours: Shifts between 7am - 11.30pm
- Meeting and greeting visitors, dealing with enquiries, Taking reservations
- Completing check-ins & out procedures, answering and resolving guest enquires i.e. assigning rooms, handling special requests (cots, spare beds, flowers in room etc) and preparing bills
- Operating the switchboard. Ensuring that telephone calls and emails are answered efficiently, ensuring adequate screening and directing of calls to the relevant departments and effectively dealing with all reception related enquiries.
- Managing all post, both incoming and out-going
- Providing administration support for various departments within the company
- Support management and staff to ensure efficient running of the office
- Managing floats and banking, reporting any overages or shortages to the Front Office Manager.
Liaising with accounts regarding foreign exchange, discrepancies in bills and banking. Ensuring real time knowledge of promotions rates and packages and to assist with upselling
- Accepting or directing deliveries
- Processing deposits and payments via cash, credit card and cheque and issuing receipts/statement
- Booking restaurant tables/room service
- Assisting with enquiries on local facilities, events or locations
- Dealing with compliments & complaints
- Responsible for overseeing the running of the department in the absence of the Front Office Manager.
To assist the Office Manager in all her duties and take responsibility for the
- running of the department in her absence.
- Aiding the Office Manager in the development and training of new staff.
- Gain working knowledge of all specialised front office systems to include booking engines, providing training where necessary and liaising with providers when needed.
- To present a professional attitude as front office staff, to include professional presentation of uniform, hygiene and working station.
- Excellent communication on the phone and face to face
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Previous reception or switch experience
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Shift patterns to include early mornings, late evenings, weekends and statutory holidays or other holidays
- Complimentary meals on shift.
- Discounted gym membership.
- Free uniform provided.
The successful candidate will essentially have : -
- a minimum of 2 years' experience in a busy office environment
- experience and proficiency in MS Office and IT Systems
- 5 GCSE's or equivalent at Grade C or above, including English and Maths
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written, and have a professional telephone manner
- A valid driving licence
- Discounted rates
To apply please send cv to Noeline.McNamee@staffline.co.uk or call 028 6632 3300 (EXT 345)
Why use Staffline?
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. As an established and trusted recruitment agency, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.