Receptionist with Clerical Duties
Rate of Pay: £9.50
Location: Radiotherapy Department, NI Cancer Centre, Belfast City Hospital.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Duration: Temporary ongoing
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE:
The post holder will provide receptionist, administrative and clerical duties within the Radiotherapy Department. The reception duties will be the first point of contact for patients attending for radiotherapy treatment for cancer.
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide confidential reception duties to the patients attending on a daily basis for Radiotherapy treatment for cancer.
- Clear and excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Adhere and maintain all current Infection Control policies; including the wearing of PPE as advised.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the reception area as advised, in line with the BHSCT Infection Control Policy (including COVID-19) and complete relevant documentation.
- Liaise with client, staff and other departments internal and external to the Trust to ensure a full and efficient service.
- Liaise with Health Care Professionals from other departments eg passing on information to the radiography staff on the treatment units, relating to the patients.
- Clear and excellent telephone manner.
- Follow and maintain all Trust Social Media and Confidentiality Policies.
- Participate in general office duties in accordance with Local Policies & Procedures, ie filing, preparing patient information leaflets, photocopying, scanning and data entry etc.
- Use IT Systems available to record and produce work of a consistently high standard.
- Maintain standards of confidentiality regarding all information held / or heard in respect of service users and professional staff.
- Issuing and recording car parking tickets to patients attending for OP treatment.
- Topping up cup dispensers.
- Re-directing telephone calls and passing on patient information to the staff on the treatment units.
- Follow and adhere to the BHSCT relevant policies eg ICT Security, GDPR, Data Protection, Social Media Policy, Patient Confidentiality, Gifts and Hospitality Policy, Uniform Policy etc.
- Provide cover as required for other staff within the Department during periods of absence or excess workload.
- Deal with day-to-day queries as appropriate.
- Any other duties as appropriate.
Employees of the Trust are required to promote and support the mission and vision of the service for which they are responsible and:
- At all times provide a caring service and to treat those with whom they come into contact in a courteous and respectful manner.
- Demonstrate their commitment by their regular attendance and the efficient completion of all tasks allocated to them.
- Comply with the Trust's Smoke Free Policy.
- Carry out their duties and responsibilities in compliance with the Health and Safety Policies and Statutory Regulations.
- Adhere to Equality and Good Relations duties throughout the course of their employment.
- Adhere to the Trust's Clinical Governance framework designed to help staff continuously monitor and improve standards of care by focusing on activities for improving quality, identifying and managing risks and continuing professional development
- Ensure the ongoing confidence of the public in-service provision.
- Maintain high standards of personal accountability.
- Comply with the HPSS Code of Conduct.
- Ability to work flexibly as and when required in order to meet the needs of the service.
4 GCSE's at grade C or above to include English Language or equivalent qualification.
NVQ Level II in Administration.
A minimum of one year's administrative clerical experience
Excellent verbal communication skills.
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link or contact Robyn Barry. Robyn.Barry@staffline.co.uk
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.