|Salary||Up to £20.49 per hour|
|Published||12 months ago|
|Contact email||Natalie McCloskey|
Job Title: Registered Home Manager Band 7
Location: Strabane, WHSCT, Care and Accommodation/Primary Care and Older People Residential Homes for Older People
The Client: WHSCT
The Role: The registered Manager will be responsible for the management and ongoing development of the Residential Home.
The Registered Manager will work closely with the Head of Care & Accommodation and Assistant Director of Primary Care and Older Peoples' Services in seeking to ensure that the objectives of the Directorate of Primary Care & Older People are met within the contract specification.
Key Objectives will be agreed between the post holder and the Head of Care & Accommodation on an annual basis.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the day to day running of the team/home.
- Provide professional advice and supervision to staff within the home.
- To maintain a high level of commitment and morale amongst staff.
- Participate in the selection and interviewing of staff.
- Administration and supervision of medications in the residential home, within the policy prescribed by Western Health & Social Care Trust and R.Q.I.A.
- To establish and maintain good communication and effective working relationships between staff. To participate in team briefing, to ensure effectively and timely communication between staff and management.
- To ensure the effective control of absenteeism in accordance with Trust policy.
- To ensure the provision of induction arrangements of staff.
- To participate as appropriate in all disciplinary procedures of the Trust.
- To review individually on an annual basis, the performance of staff reporting to him/her and to initiate/organise, where appropriate, further development and training.
Hours of work: 37.5 hours
Applicants must clearly demonstrate on their application forms how they meet either Criteria 1 or Criteria 2:
Essential Criteria 1:
A Degree/Diploma in Social Work or equivalent and must be registered with Northern Ireland Social Care Council (NISCC) or be eligible for registration
Be a level 1 Registered Nurse on the live NMC register (general adult branch or mental health branch)
A Degree/Diploma or equivalent in an allied Health Profession registered with the Health Professions Council
AND in addition to one of the above
Have a minimum of 5 years post qualifying experience caring for older people in a formal caring setting. At least two of these years must be in a relevant operational management capacity* working with older people.
Essential Criteria 2:
A level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care Services (Adults Residential Management) (Wales and Northern Ireland) and registered, or be eligible for registration on appointment, on the appropriate part of the NISCC register, without condition;
Have a minimum of 5 years practice experience caring for older people in a formal caring setting. At least two of these years must be in a relevant operational management capacity* working with older people.
*Operational Management Capacity: relevant management experience in
A management post in Health and Social team/service; staff management; service supervision; caseload management; care management; resource management; student supervision/mentoring; project management.
Rates of pay £20.49 P/H
Why use Staffline? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.