Our Client a Large Public Sector Organisation require a Temporary Regeneration and Infrastructure Officer for a 6 month period based in Lisburn
As a member of the Economic Development Team the post holder will be required:
To assist the Regeneration & Infrastructure Manager with the implementation and project management of the Council's strategic programme of regeneration and infrastructure activity.
To deputise for the Regeneration & Infrastructure Manager as required.
To assume additional duties as reasonably determined by the Regeneration & Infrastructure Manager and participate in interchange of duties to cover for sickness, annual leave and staff vacancies.
- To assist in the delivery of a portfolio of complex Regeneration & Infrastructure projects in accordance with the Council's Regeneration Strategy.
- To work with appropriate partner organisations and groups to enhance the delivery of Regeneration & Infrastructure projects.
- To comply with operating procedures and financial control systems in accordance with external funding requirements, the Council's financial regulations as set out in the Accounting Manual and departmental monitoring systems and processing all relevant documentation and conditions required by grant awarding bodies.
- Assist the Regeneration & Infrastructure Manager to monitor income and expenditure targets set as part of the Annual Budget Estimates, and in assessing and controlling these against programme performance.
- To directly line manage appropriate Regeneration staff including Project Support Officers.
- In consultation with the Regeneration & Infrastructure Manager and Human Resources participate in recruitment and training in accordance with Council strategies and policies.
- Ensure compliance with Council policies and procedures and operate within the highest standards of management and personal behaviour, which reflect the core values and behaviours of the organisation.
- Promote equality of opportunity and access in service delivery and in the employment of staff through the mainstreaming of equality within the Council.
- Ensure the provision of high standards of customer care across the Regeneration services provided by the Unit and promote and manage the service effectively and communicate in a way, which enhances and promotes the public image and overall reputation of the Council
It is essential that applicants have a minimum of:
Applicants must at a minimum hold a third level qualification e.g. HNC, HND, NVQ Level 4, a degree, or equivalent
Three years employment experience in all of the following areas:
- Assisting in the planning, management, monitoring and evaluation of a portfolio of projects through development and delivery of a strategic plan.
- Budget Management in excess of £100,000 per annum.
- Working in partnership with other agencies and organisations to deliver projects
- Delivery of capital projects in the Built Environment
- Delivery of projects involving public or European funding
- Ability to pro-actively deal with contentious and complex issues within a community context during delivery of strategic projects.
- Management of Staff
- A working knowledge of developing European and/or other funding opportunities relevant to Regeneration/Economic Development.
- Experience of contract management and appropriate procurement of goods and services.
Where applicants do not hold the qualifications as outlined in above, they must demonstrate a minimum of 5 years' experience as above.
Closing date for role is Monday 31st May at 12 noon.