Regional Media Specialist
At Staffline Recruitment we are working on behalf of a growing and progressive Semi State Body who have an opportunity available for a Regional Media Specialist to join their growing PR team responsible for external communications including media, public affairs, marketing and branding, social and digital media.
The successful candidates will play an integral part in driving delivery of results on an ambitious and innovative programme of communication. This organisation is Dublin based but due to the nature of this role applicants can be located anywhere in Ireland with a requirement to be onsite in Dublin once a month.
The ideal candidate will have a background in and strong knowledge of regional / local print media or radio and be interested a role in corporate communications.
Key responsibilities will include the following:
- Support overall delivery of the corporate strategy and grow the reputation of the organisation across the island of Ireland by leading on the development and execution of regional media plans
- Develop and deliver media support for projects and engagement for the Chief Infrastructure Office and the amplification of sponsorships and sustainability activity
- Identify and deliver paid-for media opportunities in regional media - print and broadcast
- Work with other business teams to translate regional media needs and opportunities and develop effective stories, campaigns and content
- Identify new media opportunities that will drive company objectives
- Assist the Head of PR in developing methodologies and processes to ensure consistency of approach
- Successfully communicate technical subjects to non-technical audiences
- Keep up to date with market activity and trends, sharing relevant insights and opportunities with the business
- Manage projects and other tasks within the PR function
Applicants will meet the following requirements:
- Minimum 5 years media/press office experience with ability to demonstrate delivery of targets
- Strong experience of the regional media landscape
- Relevant degree or equivalent professional experience
- Excellent writing, editing and communications skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Highly organised planning and time management skills with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work on own initiative but be a core team player
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to persuade and influence up to senior levels within the organisation
- Ability to handle confidential information responsibly
- Comfortable working on high-profile and sometimes controversial issues and/or projects
- Strong expertise in PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Ability to prioritise and work in a fast-paced environment.
This position will offer a salary in region of €45,000 - €55,000 depending on experience. To be considered, please send a copy of your cv for immediate review to Laura Craughwell at Staffline Recruitment via the enclosed link.
For further information or a discussion in confidence, call Laura directly on 086 1409232.