REGISTERED GENERAL NURSES (RGN)
Various hours available - part time & full time
BELFAST & BALLYNAHINCH
Postholders will work within the nursing home environment providing person centred nursing care and support to patients / residents and their relatives. Postholders will be expected to participate as part of a team and using a person centred approach, assess, plan, implement and evaluate care delivered.
LEVEL OF QUALIFICATION!!
The post holder must be registered on parts 1/12, 3 or 13 of the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) live register by the closing date of the recruitment advertisement and have at least 6 months post-qualification experience, unless otherwise stipulated in the recruitment advertisement. The post holder may be required to work at any of the homes within the Spa Nursing Home Group depending upon service requirements.
- Weekly pay
- Flexible shift patterns
- Opportunities for promotion
- Supportive and established teams within the homes
- High level employee retention
- Good management support
- Free uniform
- Free on-site parking
- Access to excellent training and development opportunities
- Pension scheme
- Comply with all policies, procedures, clinical protocols, standards and guidelines based on legislation, evidence based nursing practice and NMC guidelines for conduct and professional practice.
- To participate in the development of clinical and Social Care Governance in the context of his / her sphere of responsibility.
- Provide quality care to residents in partnership with other care staff.
- Report to and liaise with the nurse in charge / Nurse Manager who is responsible for supervision of workload.
- Ensure accurate record keeping as per company policy and NMC Guidelines.
- Adhere to Protection of Vulnerable Adult Policies and Guidelines.
- Co-operate and work effectively with other professionals in the multi disciplinary team to ensure continuity of care.
- Adhere to the Medicines Management Code and NMC Standards for the safe keeping and administration of medication.
- Adhere to procedures and protocols on moving and handling in line with current legislation.
- Contribute to the accuracy of statistical returns.
- Be cost effective in the use of resources.
- Comply fully with company and statutory Health & Safety arrangements, reporting accidents/incidents to the nurse in charge / nurse manager, and initiating a full investigation in a timely manner, whilst taking responsibility to complete appropriate documentation.
- Monitor and evaluate standards of care and report to nurse in charge / nurse manager.
- Accept responsibility for own professional development.
- Maintain an awareness of clinical and professional developments in nursing and participate in nursing research to enhance patient care.
- Attend staff meetings, training sessions and courses as required.
- Flexibility in working will be required to meet the needs of this post.
- Work as a member of the multidisciplinary team ensuring effective communication with other colleagues / the nurse manager to promote patient centred care.
- Assess the health and nursing care needs of patients / residents within the individual care environment.
- To develop, implement and evaluate nursing care plans in partnership with the patient / resident, family and carers, whilst working in close co-operation with other disciplines
- Promote self care and independence where appropriate.
- Assist in the training of qualified staff, nursing care assistants, health care workers and student nurses, ensuring compliance to the NMC standards to support learning and assessment in practice.
- Provide support, guidance and supervision to junior staff as required.
- Participate in induction and teaching programmes to students and members of staff to include supervision, preceptorship and training and those undertaking NVQ qualification.
- Administer medications, treatments and interventions as prescribed and to monitor their effects.
- Assess and prescribe nursing equipment within existing resources and advise patients / clients / carers on the use of same.
- Maintain and develop professional expertise and knowledge in your specific field of nursing.
**A FULL LIST OF KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST
This Job Description will be subject to review in the light of changing circumstances and is not intended to be rigid and inflexible but should be regarded as providing guidelines within which the individual works.
The nature of the work is exempt from the provision of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Order 1978 by virtue of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Order (Exceptions order (N.I.) 1979, Accordingly, it is a requirement that all previous convictions are declared even those that would otherwise be regarded as "spent". Any such information given will be treated confidentially, and considered only in relation to this application
Please forward your CV to Angela Hughes at Staffline Recruitment by clicking on APPLY. You can also contact Angela on 02890 242824 ext 404 / 07826064920 or via email email@example.com
STAFFLINE MEDICAL are a dedicated division within Staffline Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.