Registered Nurse - Strabane
Registered Nurse - Elderly & Dementia
Salary: £32,000 - £34,000 per annum
Grafton Specialist Recruitment has been retained to recruit a Registered Nurse - Elderly & Dementia to be based in Strabane. This role is offered on a full time permanent basis.
Our client's privately-owned 81-bedded care home is located in the County Tyrone town of Strabane. Our team of highly trained professionals offer first rate care for older people on a permanent or short term basis.
At our client's home, it is fundamental that residents have freedom of choice and the opportunity to reach their optimum level of independence.
Working in the Elderly and Dementia Unit, as the Registered Nurse you will:
- Give and receive full written and verbal reports, monitoring resident's conditions according to the agreed Care plan
- Communicate with Senior and Junior level staff
- Maintain nursing skills and knowledge through research based findings, study days and courses
- Maintain excellent communication with residents and their relatives regarding the residents needs and welfare, and provide support and hospitality for relatives where necessary
- Teach and train junior staff ensuring they provide the relevant care to all residents.
- Be competent in storing, administering and recording medications safely
- Practice safe dressing techniques
- Maintain confidentiality and professionalism
- Take charge in absence of Home Manager/Sister
- Undertake all other such duties as may be required from time to time to ensure the smooth running of Home and the well being of the residents.
- RGN/RMN Qualification
- NMC Registration
- Flexible to work shift patterns that will include mornings, evenings, weekends and night duties when required
You will receive a salary of £32,000 - £34,000 as well as:
- A comprehensive induction and support
- Excellent on-going professional development
- Generous annual leave entitlement and pension scheme
- Participation in a six month mentorship and coaching program
- Opportunities to be involved in research programmes in association with its clinical partner, the University of Ulster
- Considerable career development opportunities that will include progression to assistant manager and manager roles
- Supportive and friendly work culture
Contact Details & Deadline
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Wes McCullough at Grafton Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV. You can also contact Wes on 02896 913 692.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland