Research & Insights Officer (NICS)
Staffline are working in partnership with the Northern Ireland Civil Service to recruit a temporary Research & Insights Officer to start ASAP for a duration of 3 Months (initially)
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £10.50pr hour
13+ week's £12.71pr hour
Location: Belfast, BT2
Hours: Mon - Fri (9.00am - 5.00pm) - working from home due to COVID
- Have worked in a regulatory and/or policy function
- Ability to analyse and understand complex data and information quickly and to present and explain it to others;
- Detail-oriented and organised, with an ability to manage multiple and competing priorities;
- Knowledge of UK and Northern Ireland policy making;
- Experience in policy-oriented research and writing of reports, policy papers and briefing documents;
- Project management experience, including a demonstrated ability to manage and coordinate project activity across teams and research partners;
- Time management skills, including managing a complex and varied workload;
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written;
- Positive attitude, capable of working on own initiative and as part of a team; and
- Developing and maintaining effective stakeholder relationships.
- To support the Head of Transport Policy and Regulation across all transport services in Northern Ireland.
- To draft and present evidence based policy papers to the Board and Leadership Team;
- To analyse qualitative and quantitative data from a wide range of sources in order to produce reports to inform Transport policy development;
- To build and maintain a strong expert knowledge of consumer policy issues in relation to transport services;
- To produce evidence based research in the interests of current and future consumers, using appropriate analytical frameworks, methods and tools and project manage research carried out by external organisations on behalf of the Consumer Council.
- To develop, write and communicate regulatory consultations, and to respond to consultations by external organisations;
- To monitor and anticipate legislative and/or social changes in respect to transport services policy and practice, and to assess the impacts of these changes;
- To attend and present at regulatory and stakeholder meetings;
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**