Staffline Recruitment Ireland are currently recruiting for an experienced butcher to be based in Sligo for our client.
Main Purpose of the Job:
Manage the Meat Department and ensure it operates efficiently and effectively at all times. Provide our customers with excellent quality and products and services. Communicate to team any range changes, offers or new initiatives.
- Minimum 3 years' experience as a Butcher;
- Craft Butchery course desirable;
- Numerical skills required;
- Experience in gross profit and margins desirable;
- Good stock control;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to engage with and prioritise customer needs;
- Accuracy, attention to detail, organised and flexible;
- Ability to use your own initiative and work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment;
- Previous customer service experience is an advantage.
- Good Knowledge of HACCP
Main Duties: * Drive sales through our own prepared in store range
- Ensure all staff reporting to you are competent in any duties required and are given adequate training relevant to their tasks;
- Train fully any new employees who join the department;
- Drive Sales through KPIs reports, financial reports, brand initiatives, customer initiatives and employee knowledge;
- Adhere to weekly stocktaking procedures and ensure they are accurate and any necessary action is taken in the Butcher;
- Ensure purchasing of stock is carried out in accordance with procedures and control of stock rotation, so that quality and freshness of goods is of the highest order so as to maximise turnover;
- Monitor and control department overheads (i.e. packaging, cleaning equipment etc.);
- Achieve targets for stock holding as set out by the Store Owner/Manager;
- Have a strong working knowledge of relevant legislation as it pertains to the Store, in particular but not limited to, Food Safety regulations, Health & Safety regulations and employment legislation;
- Adhere to company rules, policies and procedures at all times;
- Adhere to the food safety quality policy and focus on continuous improvement;
- Enhance product knowledge by gaining information from a range of sources and share ideas, suggestions, builds on existing procedures/processes with employees and management;
- Merchandise and present the department to the highest standard at all times;
- Be aware of and adhere to Health & Safety Regulations relevant to your department and to notify any breaches to management;
- Engage with new initiatives and embrace new ways of working
WHY USE STAFFLINE IRELAND?
On 1st of July Grafton Recruitment Ireland became Staffline Recruitment Ireland
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about us. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. We are a leading recruitment agency offering a full recruitment solution throughout the island of Ireland and across the UK. We have branches across the island including Swords, Walkinstown and Cork with offices in Galway and Dundalk. Whether it's temporary contracts or full time employment, you can be sure that Staffline Ireland will have the right career for you.
For all of our latest opportunities please go to our website www.staffline.ie
Thank you for reading the above, should you wish to apply for the role, please send your CV via the link to Sarah Munnelly at firstname.lastname@example.org