Retail Ni Office manager
Job Title: Office Manager
Reports to: Chief Executive
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week
The post holder will work business hours (9am-5pm with one hour for lunch), but occasionally may be required to be flexible, working as required during evenings and at weekends.
This is an exciting role in one of Northern Ireland's fastest growing and successful trade bodies.
Retail NI wants to appoint a highly motivated individual to run its busy head office in Belfast.
The role of the office manager is to support the CEO and the board by undertaking secretarial, financial and administrative duties to ensure the efficient and effective running of the organisation.
- Organise and prioritise workload, using own initiative and knowledge of the work with minimum supervision from the CEO
- Manage diary of CEO, arranging appointments and meetings as appropriate and ensuring the CEO has all relevant papers to be discussed. Arranging travel where necessary
- Prepare papers and prepare reports required by the CEO to attend meetings
- Maintain clear and effective filing systems
- Maintain clear and effective financial systems, including invoicing, accounts payable, reconciling bank accounts and producing financial updates.
- Develop and maintain databases
- Assist with Retail NI member queries
- Maintain the organisation's communication channels, including posting press releases etc. on digital platforms (website/social media)
- Assist CEO with publication of organisation's magazine
- Arrange board meetings when required and take accurate minutes. Ensure that matters arising from meetings are dealt with by the appropriate people within agreed timescales
- Sort and prioritise incoming post, emails and filter telephone calls before passing them to the CEO if it is deemed necessary
- To draft correspondence and prepare other documentation to the CEO's specification
- Assist with events
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality with regards to issues concerning the organisation and all stakeholders. Respond positively with tact, sensitivity and awareness to all stakeholders in relation to duties undertaken.
- To understand, adhere to and actively implement all the policies and procedures of the organisation
- To act in accordance with data protection and confidentiality requirements
- To undertake appropriate additional tasks
It is important to note that the office manager will spend part of the working week alone, as the only other member of staff, the CEO, spends a lot of time out of the office.
- Have a good general education with a minimum of 5 GCSEs (A-C) or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years' experience in an administrative role
- Ability to work unsupervised, think clearly, to identify objectives and prioritise effectively
- Ability to create and develop positive working relationships
- Excellent organisational skills with a flexible and innovative approach to deal with changing situations and new opportunities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to be able to deal with people of all levels and to develop relationships with stakeholders
- IT literate with experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook
- Experience of working in a membership or trade body.
- Experience of SAGE
- Experience of website content management/social media
- Knowledge of the local political landscape
Please note only candidate's that meet the essential criteria will be contacted.
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to email@example.com