Staffline Ireland are recruiting for a Retail Supervisor for a company in the leisure, tourism and events industry. The Retail Supervisor will be responsible for the Store, Café and The Pantry. The Retail Supervisor will assist the Retail Management team in ensuring the smooth operation of the department and is primarily responsible for the smooth running of the customer experience in accordance with agreed company standards, in a professional and efficient manner.
- Supervise the Retail Outlets crew on a daily basis, ensuring they are engaged and motivated to provide a 5* Customer Service to visitors at all times.
- Assist the Retail Outlets Manager in ensuring 5*standards are met throughout the department.
- Process transactions including exchanges, refunds, exchanges, discounts, voids etc. in line with company polices.
- Recognise and monitor security issues.
- Drive sales, KPIs and VSAT results, and maximise the average transaction value per customer.
- Deal with customer feedback as required.
- Open the Retail Outlets, ensuring they are fully stocked and ready for trading.
- Close the Retail Outlets ensuring all tills are cashed up, with any variances recorded in line with the company policy, ensuring the department is ready for the next day's trading.
- Adjust rosters in cases of absence ensuring all outlets are fully operational.
- Ensure shift patterns, breaks and specific duties are allocated to all crew and that the daily brief has been communicated.
- Create seasonal specials and communicate these with the team, ensuring marketing materials are created to drive them.
- Stock management across all 3 outlets to include communicating with kitchen, procurement and goods in team to ensure outlets are fully stocked at all times in line with visitor number expectations.
- Take ownership of hospitality stocktakes when necessary and ensure these are completed efficiently.
- Training and coaching of new and current crew members.
- Ensure cash drops and till reconciliations are dealt with securely and efficiently in accordance with company guidelines.
- Ensure all interactions with guests, management and crew are of the very highest professional standards and in line with the culture and standards of the organisation.
- Deal with any staff compliance issues and reporting these to the Retail Outlets Manager in a timely manner.
- Flexibility across various departments and duties to support the team and business requirements.
- Full compliance with all Policies and Procedures including Health and Safety, GDPR, and Food Hygiene.
- Proactive and positive approach to embracing and being compliant to organisational Health and Safety Culture.
- Any other duties role may involve.
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs or equivalent at grade C or above
- Previous experience within the retail / food retail sector in a similar role (e.g. Keyholder / Team Leader / Supervisor)
- Previous cash handling and financial compliance experience
- Proven passion for retail / food retail and delivering 5-star customer service including communication and guest relations
- Self-motivated with the ability to work as part of a team as well as on your own initiative
- Adaptable, can work at pace and can respond quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to achieve sales targets.
- Proven ability to multitask
- Barista trained
- Food Hygiene Training
The successful Retail Supervisor will enjoy a competitive salary depending on experience plus Free secure car parking, Fully paid uniform, Company sick pay scheme, Health Insurance scheme, Eye care scheme, Subsidised staff development opportunities, Employee assistance programme with emotional, financial and legal support, Pension scheme with employer contributions and Staff discounts.
The Retail Supervisor role will be based in Belfast.
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Ross McConville at Staffline Ireland by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
The Staffline Ireland Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Staffline Ireland, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.