Safer City Coordinator
Temporary Safer City Coordinator required for a large public sector client based in Belfast City Centre.
Rate of Pay: £20.16 per hour
Location: Cecil Ward Building, Belfast City Centre
Hours: 37 hours per week
Duration: 2 months pending review
- To coordinate the work of the Safer City agenda, including the development of operational plans, public engagement, consultation, service/project delivery, event coordination, performance and financial management
- To develop and enhance partnerships with the members and other partnerships as required in gaining cooperation in crime prevention and reduction.
- To attend and facilitate external or internal partnership meetings and public meetings and events in achieving their aims and objectives and to monitor the performance of policing against established targets
- To provide an efficient and effective administration service including the development of reports, briefings, operational plans, minutes, etc.
- To work as part of the wider Safer City Management team in developing operational and strategic plans
- To ensure compliance with the relevant legislation and guidelines as provided by the Joint Committee or other relevant body and to ensure that all (D)PCSPs have undertaken their statutory duties
- To work as part of the wider Safer City Management Team in the development and implementation and management of community safety strategies and initiatives and to performance manage these including monitoring and evaluation
- To organise and undertake consultation and outreach with the general public in order to determine local policing priorities for inclusion in the local policing plans and to enhance public awareness of the community safety and increase public participation in crime prevention and reduction
- To provide operational management for community safety staff and initiatives aimed at the prevention and reduction of; crime, anti-social behaviour and the fear of crime, within Belfast
- To take responsibility for the day-to-day management, motivation, development and performance management of all allocated staff and provide operational management of the community safety activities and initiatives being delivered
- To provide operational management of health and safety in relation to the work of the Unit and (D)PCSP and ensure appropriate measures are in place to manage identified risks to health and safety
- To work as part of the Safer City Management Team in the production of a relevant committee, briefing, performance, financial or other reports within specified timescales
- To work as part of the Safer City Management team in managing budgets and securing resources including, preparing draft estimates, monitoring financial performance, developing funding bids and submitting grant claims
- To conduct research and benchmark good practice to support innovation and continuous improvement in community safety activities
- Possess a full, current driving licence which enables them to drive in Northern Ireland and a car available for official business
- Be able to demonstrate by providing specific examples at least two years relevant experience in each of the following areas:
- working in a community safety or related discipline, such as community development, good relations, policing, environmental health, health development or similar
- managing and delivering projects within agreed time, budget and quality standards and producing structured reports and strategies for senior management; and managing resources, including supervising staff, allocating and monitoring workloads and managing budgets and grant funding
- partnership working with other public and private sector organisations; communities or particular sections of communities and elected members when undertaking community outreach work to achieve agreed goals and objectives
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link.
Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles.