Staffline Recruitment are recruiting for a Sales Manager for a company in the leisure and tourism industry. As Sales Manager, you will work as part of an award-winning sales team to promote Belfast and Northern Ireland as a world-class, safe and sustainable events destination. The Sales Manager will be responsible for identifying and securing new meetings, events and conference business for Belfast within the GB association, corporate and agency industry segments that help to support economic development, business, research and education objectives for the region.
- Develop new GB business events leads through sales research, sales calls and developing strong working relationships with Association, Corporate, Agency, PCO and incentive meeting and event planners.
- Convert sales leads into confirmed business for Belfast and Northern Ireland working with industry partners to deliver individual and team sales targets.
- Represent company in London and in GB. Promote Belfast and Northern Ireland as a vibrant and successful business tourism destination within the GB market. Present to senior buyers and promote the destination at company and industry events across the region.
- Develop and deliver a targeted sales and account management strategy for GB corporate and agency segments to drive sales performance for company in these key business tourism segments. Develop compelling propositions and lead targeted sales campaigns for Belfast within the corporate and agency market.
- Assist the Head of Business Tourism in organising and implementing a schedule of face-to-face and virtual sales and marketing activity to promote Belfast as a leading MICE (meetings, incentive, conference and events) destination in the GB market.
- Develop business development strategies and targeted sales plans for prospective clients. Devise bid strategies where appropriate ensuring relevant sector, ambassador and company partner support to win the business.
- Represent company at key industry events and develop strong working relationships across all GB MICE networks, industry groups and professional bodies to raise Belfast's profile within the GB market and identify new business opportunities.
- Assist in the planning and co-ordination of the Business Tourism Department's participation at face to face and virtual client events, sales missions, tradeshows/exhibitions and workshop events, including effective follow-up and evaluation of activity.
- Develop a comprehensive CRM (customer relationship management) and pipeline management approach to managing prospective leads and maximising conversion of all sales opportunities.
- Organise client site visits and FAM trips in Belfast in order to showcase the city as a prospective destination for GB buyers. Developing a comprehensive understanding of client requirements, event objectives, appropriate venues and suppliers as well as potential competing destinations and potential objections and solutions.
- Prepare weekly sales reports as requested by the Head of Business Tourism and participate in weekly, monthly and quarterly sales meetings to update the team on activity, leads, sales calls, bids and confirmed business.
- Any other duties role may involve.
- Third level qualification.
- 4 years sales and business development experience with a demonstrated ability to deliver results, meeting and exceeding sales targets.
- Ability to deliver effective presentations at a senior level and experience of pitching for new business.
- Excellent sales management experience including pipeline management and CRM.
- Client management experience and strong track record of establishing and developing client relationships.
- Experience of generating and closing new business opportunities.
- Production of high quality bids, presentations and client proposals.
- Experience of organising and delivering client events, tradeshows and workshops.
- Third level or post graduate qualification in a relevant discipline such as marketing, sales, tourism, hospitality, business studies.
- International sales and business development experience.
- Experience of MICE market (meetings, incentive, conference wand events).
- Destination marketing experience.
- Stakeholder management experience.
- Tourism, hospitality or event management experience.
- Knowledge of Belfast as a destination.
- Knowledge of the Belfast tourism and hospitality industry and key stakeholders.
- Knowledge of Belfast's world leading sectors and ambassadors.
- Marketing experience.
- Experience of virtual and hybrid events.
- Experience of using virtual technologies and platforms including Zoom, Skype, Microsoft teams.
- Relevant client and industry networks.
The successful Sales Manager will enjoy a competitive salary depending on experience.
The Sales Manager role will be based in London, working from home but with access to hot desk facilities in central London.
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Ross McConville at Staffline Ireland by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
The Staffline Ireland Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Staffline Ireland, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.