Staffline Recruitment are recruiting for a Sales Manager for a company in the leisure and tourism industry. The Sales Manager will promote Belfast and Northern Ireland as a world-class business tourism destination and to secure new international and national conferences, business meetings and events to the city region. The Sales Manager will identify, develop and convert business tourism sales opportunities to help deliver ambitious growth targets, sales and impact KPIs.
- Develop new business through identifying and converting sales opportunities from national and international conferences, meetings and events.
- Develop strong relationships with association, corporate and agency clients in national and international markets to maximise opportunities for Belfast and industry partners.
- Contribute to the development of sales and marketing plans and to promote Belfast as a destination in key markets, develop client relationships and identify new opportunities.
- Maximise conversion of sales opportunities through effective sales, CRM and pipeline management.
- Implement bid strategies for new opportunities, working in partnership with city stakeholders, industry and local ambassadors/sector experts.
- Create professional bids, proposals and presentations to showcase Belfast as a leading business events destination.
- Co-ordinate and participate in face to face and virtual sales and marketing activities in key markets including tradeshows, exhibitions and workshop events to effectively promote Belfast as a business tourism destination and to maximise return on investment from sales platforms.
- Management of operational plans and budgets for sales and marketing activity.
- Report on sales performance and achievement of KPIs using CRM and effectively manage and evaluate sales calls, bids/proposals, leads and sales activity.
- Assist the department in growing commercial income from industry partners and securing participation from partners to support business tourism marketing activity.
- Assist in the development of business tourism marketing content, collateral, communications and campaigns.
- Develop and manage an effective database of existing and potential conference clients through CRM system and reporting systems.
- Represent the business development team at industry, stakeholder and partner events.
- Contribute towards the business planning, strategy development and delivery of operational plans within the business development department.
- Any other duties role may involve.
- 3 years sales and marketing experience with a demonstrated track record of success in achieving sales targets
- Degree level qualification
- Tourism, hospitality or event management experience
- Experience of delivering presentations and proposals at a senior level
- Delivery of sales campaigns and plans
- Sales management and CRM experience
- Client, account management and business development experience
- Excellent sales and marketing acumen
- Results-driven and target orientated
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiating skills including the ability to communicate effectively with clients and partners from different countries and cultures
- Ability to initiate, build and maintain effective client and partner relationships at all levels
- Excellent analytical, planning, organisational skills including business planning and report writing
- Entrepreneurial skills, self-starter, energy, drive, enthusiasm and team player
- Confident management style, ability to work under pressure effectively and resilience
- Fully proficient in key MS office applications - word, excel and PowerPoint etc.
- Qualification in a relevant discipline, such as sales management, tourism or business studies
- Experience of virtual and hybrid events
- Working knowledge of sustainability practices and principles
- Previous experience of Salesforce CRM
- Experience of using virtual technologies and platforms including Zoom, Skype, Microsoft team
The successful Sales Manager will enjoy a competitive salary depending on experience.
The Sales Manager role will be based in Belfast with hybrid working.
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Ross McConville at Staffline Ireland by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
The Staffline Ireland Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Staffline Ireland, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.