Sales Manager (2 Year Contract)
Staffline Ireland are recruiting for a Sales Manager for a company in the leisure and tourism industry. Working within the business development team, the Sales Manager will be responsible for the delivery of the leisure trade sales and marketing activity plan. This will include the promotion of Belfast as a leading group and cruise destination with responsibility for leisure trade sales targets, KPIs and delivery of the departmental sales and marketing plan.
- Responsible for all leisure tourism business-to-business relationships and sales activity specifically in relation to travel trade and tour operator business, as well as being the lead representative for the Cruise Belfast marketing and sales partnership with Belfast Harbour.
- Generate new tour operator and group business for Belfast through generation and conversion of sales leads from proactive research, attendance at tradeshows, sales calls, client events, and FAM trips.
- Initiate, develop and maintain strong business relationships with key travel trade, group tour operator and cruise executives to retain and grow inbound leisure business for the city region.
- Develop and manage the sales and marketing plan for the travel trade, group tour operator and cruise segments in key geographic markets leading to the achievement of leisure trade (group and cruise) targets and business plan objectives.
- Produce regular sales and marketing reports for in relation to prospecting, lead generation, sales conversion as well as providing regular updates in relation to travel trade and cruise market intelligence, insight and feedback.
- Develop and generate itineraries and rates from partners for sales initiatives, travel trade campaigns and promotional platforms and provide relevant and interesting content for the travel trade and cruise websites and e-zine marketing.
- Develop effective working relationships with partners including Belfast City Council, Tourism NI, Tourism Ireland, Belfast Harbour, local authorities, trade partners and relevant industry stakeholders such as ETOA, ITOA and Cruise Ireland etc.
- Manage the planning and coordination at trade shows, exhibitions and workshops events, including partner participation and securing sales appointments to deliver sales objectives and targets, including effective follow up and evaluation of all prospects.
- Develop and maintain salesforce CRM system of existing and potential sales contacts.
- Assist the Cruise team plan and organise key events during the cruise season and communicate key Cruise Belfast information with stakeholders and partners.
- Any other duties role may involve.
- Degree level qualification in a business, tourism or marketing related discipline Or 5 years equivalent experience in a relevant area with similar level of responsibility
- 3 years sales and marketing experience with a demonstrated track record of success in achieving sales targets
- Experience of implementing sales and marketing plans and budget management
- Experience of delivering presentations
- Experience of working with CRM systems and sales pipeline management processes
- General tourism experience
- Experience of working with the leisure trade and group travel sector
- Working knowledge of the cruise market
- Working knowledge of the tourism and hospitality sector
- Experience of using Word Press or website content management systems
- Working knowledge of digital marketing and social platforms
The successful Sales Manager will enjoy a competitive salary depending on experience.
The Sales Manager role will be based in Belfast.
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Ross McConville at Staffline Ireland by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
The Staffline Ireland Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Staffline Ireland, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.