Scale 4 Supplies Technician
Role: Scale 4 Supplies Technician
Rate of Pay: £9.98
Location: Boucher Crescent, Belfast
Duration: 6 Months initially
To deliver an efficient and effective service in the procurement, provision, management and safekeeping of all supplies for the Fire & Rescue Service.
To work initially in a specified supplies operational discipline, with flexibility to work across all disciplines to ensure resilience and continuity of service.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- To deliver an efficient and effective service in the procurement, provision, management and safekeeping of all supplies for the Fire & Rescue Service.
- To monitor and record levels of stock and non-stock items, liaising with suppliers and raising replenishment orders as required using the electronic stock management system.
- To identify, remove and list redundant stock for disposal and prepare items for back loading and disposal including, but not limited to, parts, IT equipment, uniforms, ladders and vehicles in accordance with NIFRS Disposal Policy.
- To organise the procurement of products for stock, where the product group is under specified cost limits (currently below £5K), in line with financial and procurement regulations and NIFRS policy.
- To assist the Supplies Team Leaders to implement and enforce an effective and efficient security and controls framework within the supplies service.
- To issue and receipt impress stock items under agreed arrangements.
- To collect and deliver ordered goods from local suppliers as required.
- To replenish stocks held by remote and mobile stores, ensuring appropriate stock levels are maintained.
- To undertake stocktaking and internal audit activities as directed by the Supplies Team Leaders and in accordance with NIFRS policy.
- To process all orders in line with current service policy and in a timely and exacting manner to ensure downtime of vehicles & equipment is kept to a minimum.
- To investigate the causes when invoices fail auto-clearance and liaise with the Supplies Team Leaders on price/quantity discrepancies for amendment and final sign-off.
- To process the receipt, checking, acceptance and storage of all deliveries of goods, including updating the electronic supplies management system and advising Supplies Team Leaders of any variances.
- To update the supplies inventory, as required, as per the asset management policy.
Possess an NVQ Level 3 or equivalent
A minimum of three years' experience within a demanding multi-commodity* stores environment, to include experience using an electronic stores management system.
Possess an NVQ Level 2 or equivalent
A minimum of four years' experience within a demanding multi-commodity* stores environment, to include experience using an electronic stores management system.
A minimum of five years' experience within a demanding multi-commodity* stores environment, to include experience using an electronic stores management system.
- Working knowledge of Windows and other Microsoft applications.
*Multi-commodity refers to multiple categories of equipment and products, such as vehicles, PPE, uniforms, food etc.).
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Kathryn or a member of the team will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Grafton Recruitment regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.
**PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE 30/09/2019**.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.