School Secretary required for Omagh for one month initially
36 hours per week (Monday - Friday)
General Administrative Duties.
- Dealing with telephone calls, visitors, pupils' queries, deliveries;
- Distribution of incoming mail and postage of outgoing mail;
- Selling stationery at break-time and lunch-time;
- Assist in the preparation of money for banking;
- Providing secretarial and administrative support to vice-principals/departments/bursar/departments;
- Refund petty cash expenses;
- Filing correspondence;
- Preparation, issue and filing of all report books;
- Maintenance of timetables;
- Assist with the issue and return of locker keys and deposits for locker keys;
- Assisting with the collection of voluntary contributions;
- Assisting in the distribution of bus passes;
- Typing, filing and distribution of records of achievement;
- Provide administration and secretarial support for prize giving and open nights;
- Dealing with orders for photographs;
- Ensuring that the fire drill book is taken to the evacuation point in the event of a fire drill or emergency;
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the principal/vice-principals/bursar to ensure the efficient running of the school office.
- Operation of sims.net computer system.
- Operating attendance module of this system
- Ensuring the morning and afternoon attendance is recorded
- Updating information on latecomers and appointments;
- Providing reports that are required on a timely basis;
- Maintaining accurate records of all pupils attending the school;
- Updating pupil records as necessary.
- Maintaining records of applicants' attendance;
- Approving payment to applicants on a weekly basis;
- Maintaining accurate records on the administration of EMA financial payments inc any related queries;
- 5 GCSEs or equivalent (pass minimum Grade C) - which must include English Language and Mathematics;
- One year's administrative/clerical experience in an office environment including the practical use of ICT applications.
- Minimum of 3 years administrative/clerical experience in an office environment including the practical use of ICT applications;
- RSA Stage 2 Typewriting/Word Processing or an equivalent ICT qualification to include a range of applications (eg spreadsheets etc.)
Why use Staffline?
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. As an established and trusted recruitment agency, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.