School Swimming Coach
|Salary||Up to £10.50 per hour|
|Published||2 months ago|
|Contact email||Jamie Leetch|
Our Client, A Large Public Sector Organisation based in Ballymoney require a School Swimming Coach to join their team.
Hours of work: 25 hours per week, 9am-2pm, Monday - Friday
Hourly Rate: £10.50
- Organise, teach, supervise and deliver structured swimming lessons and other water-based activities for schools, groups and members of the public, as directed by management, in such a way as to reflect the diverse requirements (e.g. special needs, mixed ability groups) of individuals within groups.
- To develop, in conjunction with the Centre Manager, and deliver a structured quality programme of work/lessons for each group.
- To liaise with parents and school teachers on participant performance and course content, and provide reports as required by management.
- To ensure the safety and suitability of each exercise or activity programme with particular regard to each individual participating.
- To assist with the promotion and publicity of activities and events related to the post.
- To promote a comprehensive range of swim merchandise and advise participants and teachers on specialist swimming equipment (e.g. fins, hand paddles, goggles, swim caps and pool buoys).
- Maintain stock levels of badges and certificates and replenish as required to ensure sufficient stocks are available for distribution at all times.
- To assist with the Leisure Centre's ongoing Leisure Attendant/Lifeguard training as required.
- To assist with the organisation, co-ordination, delivery, instruction and supervision of Summer Schemes and other general schemes run by Leisure Services.
- To handle, erect and dismantle relevant equipment, undertake daily equipment inspections, ensure that such equipment is in a safe condition for use, and that it is correctly and safely stored.
- 11 . To maintain and provide statistical records and reports as requested by the Centre Manager/Centre Supervisors.
- 12 To assist with the development of teaching and the general leisure programme of the department as required (e.g. courses, Council galas and school galas).
- To be responsible for ensuring the prompt reporting and recording of all accidents and dangerous occurrences.
- Any other duties as may be allocated from time to time commensurate with the purpose of the post.
- To comply with the Council's Health and Safety Policy and ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with Health and Safety legislation and Council regulations.
- Report immediately to the (Centre Manager/Duty Supervisor) any accidents/dangerous occurrences.
Essential Criteria: -
A recognised Level 2 Swimming Teachers qualification i.e. ASA, Swim Ireland or STA Swimming Instructor qualification or equivalent
A minimum of 6 months previous swim teaching experience
Customer Care: ability to provide excellent customer care.
Team Working: foster teamwork and promote good team processes and communication Service
- Ability to plan, prioritise and organise work to deliver results
- Identify areas of service improvement and raising standards
Full Job Description available on request
If you are interested and meet all essential criteria please contact Leanne Garrett 02825642699 ext 330