Our Client, A Large Public Sector Organisation based in Ballymoney require a School Swimming Coach to join their team.
Hours of work: 25 hours per week, Monday - Friday 9am - 2pm
Hourly Rate: £10.93 increasing to £12.02 after 12 weeks.
- Organise, teach, supervise and deliver structured swimming lessons and other water-based activities for schools, groups and members of the public, as directed by management, in such a way as to reflect the diverse requirements (e.g. special needs, mixed ability groups) of individuals within groups.
- To develop, in conjunction with the Centre Manager, and deliver a structured quality programme of work/lessons for each group.
- To liaise with parents and school teachers on participant performance and course content, and provide reports as required by management.
- To ensure the safety and suitability of each exercise or activity programme with particular regard to each individual participating.
- To assist with the promotion and publicity of activities and events related to the post.
- To promote a comprehensive range of swim merchandise and advise participants and teachers on specialist swimming equipment (e.g. fins, hand paddles, goggles, swim caps and pool buoys).
- Maintain stock levels of badges and certificates and replenish as required to ensure sufficient stocks are available for distribution at all times.
- To assist with the Leisure Centre's ongoing Leisure Attendant/Lifeguard training as required.
- To assist with the organisation, co-ordination, delivery, instruction and supervision of Summer Schemes and other general schemes run by Leisure Services.
- To handle, erect and dismantle relevant equipment, undertake daily equipment inspections, ensure that such equipment is in a safe condition for use, and that it is correctly and safely stored.
- 11 . To maintain and provide statistical records and reports as requested by the Centre Manager/Centre Supervisors.
- 12 To assist with the development of teaching and the general leisure programme of the department as required (e.g. courses, Council galas and school galas).
- To be responsible for ensuring the prompt reporting and recording of all accidents and dangerous occurrences.
- Any other duties as may be allocated from time to time commensurate with the purpose of the post.
Essential Criteria: - at least 6 months experience of
A recognised Level 2 Swimming Teachers qualification i.e. ASA, Swim Ireland or STA Swimming Instructor qualification or equivalent
A minimum of 6 months previous swim teaching experience
Customer Care: ability to provide excellent customer care.
Team Working: foster teamwork and promote good team processes and communication Service
- Ability to plan, prioritise and organise work to deliver results
- Identify areas of service improvement and raising standards
Full Job Description available on request
If you are interested and meet all essential criteria please apply via the link. Leanne Garrett will be in contact if you are shortlisted for the role.