Scientific Officer - Waste Water Chemistry
Temporary Scientific Officer (Waste Water Chemistry) required for a large public sector organisation based in Derry/Londonderry.
Rate of Pay: £12.73 per hour
Location: Gelvin Grange, Derry/Londonderry
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, 5 days per week
Duration: 6 - 9 months pending review
- Resources Management
- Liaise with the Laboratory Manager to forecast the use of resources.
- Identify resource requirements, and make recommendations to the Laboratory Manager.
- Recommend levels of maintenance for equipment used, ensures effective housekeeping of work area and equipment.
- Customer Relationship Management
- Deal with internal and external customers and address their concerns or enquiries.
- Build relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to enhance confidence in the data produced by the Northern Ireland Water Laboratories.
- Communicate with suppliers.
- Carry out analysis within the agreed turnaround time to ensure regulatory compliance is met.
- Carry out analysis to the required quality standards to ensure ISO 17025 requirements are met.
- Ensure all results are recorded and transcribed accurately onto LIMS.
- Maintain laboratory quality management system and associated documentation.
- Health & Safety
- The post holder will be required to work with hazardous chemicals and acids.
- Ensure all Health and Safety requirements are met.
- Comply and cooperate in full with regard to NI Water and Laboratory specific, health and safety procedures
- A third level qualification (HNC/HND/Degree) in Chemistry or closely related discipline.
- At least 12 months practical experience working in an ISO17025 / accredited chemistry laboratory, experienced gained outside of an undergraduate environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of analytical techniques in Chemistry.
- Experience of Health and Safety requirements relevant to laboratories.
- Membership of (or working towards membership) of a relevant professional body.
- Demonstrable experience of proficiency in using Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- A requirement to work overtime on a rota basis; including weekends and public and privilege holidays.
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link.
Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake a basic Access NI Disclosure check at £18. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.