Seasonal Tourism Enforcement Officer
The Client: Local Government body based in Co Down, serving local residents.
The post holder will be responsible for providing advice and guidance to the public to promote and encourage responsible tourism, and for the effective and efficient fulfilment of the Council's statutory duties with regard to the enforcement of all relevant legislation.
Duties will include encouraging safe and orderly usage of tourism sites, to prevent unauthorised activities, to promote responsible parking, and the provision of information to the public on responsible use of the countryside, including the reduction of littering. Hours of work: 24 per week
- Minimum of 4GCSEs (A-C) or equivalent which must includeGCSE English Language and Maths or equivalent qualification.
- At least 1 years' experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Enforcement of legislation
- Crime Prevention
- Active involvement in Community Liaison groups
- In lieu of qualifications, applicants must have 2 years' experience in one or more areas detailed above
- Previous experience of working with the general public in a public venue/facility.
- Experience of carrying out investigations and preparing reports for Management.
- Experience of lone working
- Knowledge of typical anti-social behaviour issues within Northern Ireland.
- Knowledge of legislation relevant to the role.
- Knowledge of the Tourist Attractions/Facilities within the Newry, Mourne and Down Area.
- Hold a full valid driving licence and have access to transport to meet the requirements of the post.
- The ability to work on a flexible rota which includes evenings, weekends and bank holidays as required.
- The ability to work flexible hours depending on service requirements.
- Rate of Pay: £11.50 p/hr
- Holiday Entitlement
Why use Staffline? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.