Seasonal Visitor Service Advisors
|Salary||£9.25 - £10.01 per hour + Holidays|
|Published||about 1 year ago|
|Contact email||Ashleigh Lyle|
Seasonal Visitor Services Advisors required for Bushmills Visitor Information Centre.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
The Visitor Information Centre's deliver a range of information and sales services to locals and visitors, including the sale of tickets, accommodation, books, maps, gifts and souvenirs. The full range of services provided through the VIC are key in adding value to the visitor experience delivering a relevant and quality range of services to meet and exceed customer expectations.
The Visitor Services Advisors will on a daily basis deliver inspiring, customer- focused information to our visitors, offering inspirational ideas and sharing our hidden gems, encouraging them to do more in the area during their visit by informing them of a wide range of things to see and do.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITY AND PERSONAL DUTIES
- To be the consumer face of Visit Causeway Coast and Glens, promoting the area as a holiday destination providing inspiration to visitors and locals of what there is to see and do in the area.
- Ensure an exceptional level of customer service is provided to all customers.
- Carry out all necessary commercial activities, linking retail and ticketing activity to the needs of the visitor, creating memorable experiences.
- Ensure that retail stock is effectively merchandised and secure within the VIC and report stock control issues to the Assistant Visitor Servicing Officer (AVS). When advised, receive deliveries, report discrepancies, record stock, price and display goods. Update associated administration.
- Responsible for the secure handling of all cash, credit card receipts etc and prepare lodgements for Assistant Visitor Servicing Officer (AVS) officer to check in full compliance with the VIC guidelines.
- Ensure literature displays are re-stocked throughout the day and that sufficient supplies of literature are available for re-stocking at all times.
- Share knowledge as appropriate to our trade actively promoting the services of the VIC.
- Adhere to Tourism NI minimum standards and attend training were necessary.
- To assist with surveys to facilitate development of the VIC and Arts Centre.
- To operate appropriate computerised booking services and manual reservation systems for box office sales and responding to initial enquiries for facility bookings.
- Provide support and training to casual and seasonal staff when necessary.
- Attend promotions to promote the Destination and act as support staff at council events as and when required.
- To provide administrative support to relevant centre.
- Act as key holder and be responsible for opening and closing the facility including the operation of an alarm, securing of retail sections and safeguarding cash if applicable.
- Minimum of 5 GCSE's (Grades A - C) or equivalent, which includes English language and a numerate subject plus at least six months experience within tourism related or customer services environment which has included administration duties and cash handling.
- Applicants who do not possess the above academic qualifications may be considered if they can demonstrate at least one years experience as detailed above.
- World host qualification / Welcome Host or equivalent customer care qualification
- Six months experience within a tourist information service.
Success applicants must be available to work over 7 days Monday - Sunday on rota basis between 9am-5pm and be available to work through until end September / October
Please forward cv to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Ashleigh on 028 25642699