The LYCRA Company
- Appointed Person for all emergency situations on site; co-ordinate emergency response, working in partnership with emergency services, emergency chief and first aiders, supporting site first aid responders in emergency situations.
- Monitor headcount system and escalate any concerns.
- Regularly test the emergency systems in accordance with the relevant regulations.
- Conduct regular radio checks to ensure communication lines are available;
- Work in partnership with the Occupational Health on secondary treatments.
- Monitor CCTV and intruder alarms, taking appropriate action to raise security breaches and alert emergency services as needed.
- Manage employee, visitor, contractor and vehicle and access and egress to site, including site access systems, ensuring all site requirements are adhered to.
- Undertake security patrols to ensure site is secure.
- Provide Gatehouse cover as and when required.
- Any other reasonable duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Previous, relevant experience in a security role.
- Demonstrated experience of managing emergency situations in a calm, organised and safe manner.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to reach rational conclusions in difficult and varied situations.
- Ability to communicate critical information clearly and effectively at all levels within the organisation and externally (verbally and written).
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with front-facing customer interactions in a polite, courteous manner.
- Strong organisational skills with ability to plan and execute tasks within timeframe.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and within a team.
- Able to demonstrate initiative and flexibility.
- IT literacy (including Office 365 and the Microsoft Office tools).
In addition, the successful applicant must:
- Hold a current valid, full driving licence.
- Hold a current SIA Security Guarding License.
- Hold a recognised and current CCTV licence.
- Previous security experience in a factory / manufacturing environment.
All of the above criteria may be further enhanced to shortlist for interview.
We offer a competitive salary ranging from £29,240 (inclusive of shift allowance), dependent on experience
In addition, the expectation is for the successful candidate to develop to higher roles within the company.
Other benefits also include:
- BUPA Health Insurance membership.
- Competitive Contributory Pension Scheme.
- Potential for Performance Pay through our variable compensation program.
- Opportunities to increase your earnings through our overtime scheme including 150% pay and 200% pay.
- Free Car Parking.
- Death in Service benefit.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- 28 days paid holidays (increasing with length of service to a maximum of 33 days).
- "Employee Referral" cash bonus scheme for referring a successful candidate in the future.
If you would like to have a confidential conversation regarding the position please contact 028 2564 2699