Senior Accounts Assistant for Dublin Non Profit €40k
Job Title: Senior Accounts Assistant €40k
The Client: Staffline Recruitment is a specialist in the provision of temporary and permanent staffing solutions to clients nationwide. We currently have a vacancy for a Senior Accounts Assistant for a non profit agency based in Dublin 12. This will be an a temporary contract till year end with a view to a permanent opportunity in 2022.
The Role: The Senior Accounts Assistnat/Finance Officer is responsible for assisting in the delivery of high-quality finance services on behalf of the association, and to both internal and external customers.
The Finance Officer will be part of a team delivering day-to-day financial services.
Reporting to the Finance & Governance Manager, the post-holder will contribute to the efficient delivery of financial and management accounting services, through the provision of effective financial accounting systems and procedures.
The post-holder will be required to ensure our finance services are compliant with all regulations and relevant legislation and delivered in accordance with the requirements of the Agency's policies and procedures.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly management accounts and associated reports for review by the Financial & Governance Manager
- Calculation and processing of accruals and prepayments for management accounts on a monthly basis
- Assist with the preparation of financial projections and cash flow forecasts.
- Ensure that bank accounts and petty cash are reconciled regularly (weekly)
- Ensure rent accounting systems are up to date and provide accurate and timely information to the Housing Team to undertake their arrears recovery functions
- Prepare calculations of the actual cost of the Association's services and assist in calculating rental and other annual charges to tenants and maintaining control accounts
- Maintain and update the Asset register on a monthly basis
- Ensure that all systems of payment to creditors and suppliers are up-to-date and efficiently managed and maintained
- Assist with the preparation of financial appraisals for capital development programmes
- Assist with monitoring financial progress against targets and provide timely reports to other staff
- Assist with the development and monitoring of internal cost centre accounting, and prepare analysis of variances between budgets and actual results
- Responsible for ensuring that the efficient operation of computerised financial systems - reconciling the integrated reports from housing to the ledger
- Assist with the preparation of annual revenue and capital budget models, analysis and reports for the Financial & Governance Manager
- Assist in ensuring that all internal control measures are implemented and communicated to all appropriate staff
- Administer the supplier system, purchase orders, requisitions, invoice authorisations, and budget coding
- Administer accounting for VAT and Relevant Contract Tax, ensuring full compliance with Revenue Commissioners requirements
- Assist in the administration of the Regulatory Return, and in the submission of the annual return and in preparation for any audits
- Assist in administering of all other annual returns, including CRO, CRA, and Lobbying
- Provide an excellent customer service and adhere to confidentiality and Data Protection requirements
- Ensure and maintain confidentiality in all matters relating to the work of the department and the Association
- To contribute to the development of operational and strategic plans as required
- Produce accurate and well-presented documents using Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Assist Development staff in the collation and presentation of information as required
- Assist in ensuring that all tasks and performance measures are implemented and maintained with targets to fulfil our Corporate and Business plan objectives
- Participate in any training that may be considered necessary
- Assist in the procurement process as required
- Assist with Property Tax administration
Any other duties as required by the Finance & Governance Manager or Chief Executive to ensure the successful operation of the Association.
- Qualified or part qualified in a recognised professional accountancy qualification to a minimum of a recognised Technician's level
- At least two years practical experience of working in a finance or administrative role in an office environment
- At least two years experience in the use of Microsoft Excel spreadsheets
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office
Hours of Work: 9am - 5pm / Flexi Time available working 37 hours per week.
- Competitive pay on offer depending on experience
- Annual Leave 20 days plus (1 Day for Good Friday / 1 Day for Birthday / 1 day for Christmas Eve)
- Opportunity to secure a permanent contract with our client
- An opportunity to work with a progressive and innovative company.
Why use Staffline? We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please contact Sinead Healy at our Walkinstown branch on 01-4505288 and apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.