|Salary||Up to £16.28 per hour + Pension|
|Published||27 days ago|
|Contact email||Natalie McCloskey|
Job Title: Senior Buyer (6 Month Contract)
Location: University of Ulster (L/Derry or Coleraine Based)
The Client: Ulster University
To assist in the delivery of a sustainable procurement service for the University including effective customer service and monitoring external supplier performance to meet the University's procurement strategy. Ensuring continuous improvement to help the University achieve its overall objectives through best procurement practice, achieving value for money and quality of good and services.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To establish and maintain key relationships with institutional customers to identify needs and provide advice on current and future requirements. To skilfully manage stakeholder expectations through the procurement process. To, look for opportunities to reduce duplication and streamline process for the University in goods, services and works procurement, across all designated areas and associated customers.
- To be a skilled negotiator, in establishing University wide call-off contracts, select lists, tenders and quotations, securing savings, and preferential terms whilst employing VFM techniques.
- To manage major suppliers' performance against contracts or other arrangements and to manage key relationships with their main customers. Maintain communications with institutional customers and suppliers to provide advice on current and future requirements.
- To operate within defined financial regulations, statutory requirements and in particular ensure that the demands of the European Public Procurement Directives and the Northern Ireland equality of opportunity legislation are met. To ensure legal compliance of tendering and contract award activities and to manage risk across relevant aspect of procurement.
Hours of work: 17.5, Monday full day, Tuesday Full day, Wednesday Morning
- A relevant degree or three years' relevant procurement experience.
- Extensive experience conducting complex tenders across a range of commodities, services or works, to include sourcing prices, negotiating and implementing value for money.
- Extensive experience of contract management leading to improvements in service and benefits to customers.
- Experience of implementation of sustainable procurement processes.
- Experience in the use of eProcurement systems, and a good understanding of the benefits of such systems.
- Evidence of the ability to work with accuracy and attention to detail, whilst ensuring delivery of work to deadlines
- Evidence of sound commercial judgement and the ability to work on own initiative with minimum supervision.
- A clear understanding of the benefits and risks associated with procurement contract management processes
- Rates of pay £16.28 per hour
Why use Staffline? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button. DERSL