Senior Cemeteries Administrator
Rate of Pay: £11.70
Hours: 37 hours per week
Duration: Temporary ongoing
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE:
To be responsible to the Bereavement Administration Manager for the work in the Bereavement Service Central office, Cecil Ward Building, or in site offices, to ensure it meets the objectives in the most cost efficient and effective manner. To be responsible for the supervision of administrative staff within the Bereavement Services Central office and site offices. To assist with the development and supervision of a genealogical information service and cemetery records system for Bereavement Services. To respond to enquiries and complaints from the public and representatives from the bereavement industry; providing practical advice and front-line customer support as required, in a sympathetic and dignified manner.
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- To deputise for the Bereavement Administration Manager in his or her absence, ensuring that the staff in the Bereavement Services Central Office and at City, Dundonald and Roselawn Cemeteries operate at all times within specified procedures and in accordance with health and safety guidelines and legislation.
- To provide cover for Crematorium and cemeteries site offices as required.
- To deal with counter and telephone enquiries from funeral directors, monumental sculptors and the general public, including grave searches and other enquiries, in a tactful and sensitive manner.
- To book, record and process statutory documentation for burials and cremations, and to issue Burial and Cremation Orders.
- To check and amend if necessary, completed cremation forms and ensure these are presented on a daily basis to the Medical Referee for authority to cremate.
- To update and maintain both electronic and manual records in relation to Roselawn Cemetery, City of Belfast Crematorium, City Cemetery, Glenalina Cemetery, Balmoral Cemetery, Friars Bush Graveyard, Shankill Graveyard, Knockbreda Cemetery, Knock Burial Ground and Dundonald Cemetery.
- To allocate memorial trees and record associated burial details. To process tree plaque applications and order memorial tree plaques.
- To process applications for erection of memorials and entries into the Book of Remembrance.
- To prepare Grave Leases, process Duplicate Lease applications after approval, and issue grave depth letters.
- To prepare lists of medical certificate notifications for registration purposes.
- To accept payments for burials and memorialisations, prepare lodgements and to assist with the reconciliation of accounts on a monthly basis.
- To compile monthly accounts for funeral directors and monumental sculptors.
- To accompany the Bereavement Administration Manager to consultations with bereaved families, funeral director's meetings.
- To deputise for the Bereavement Administration Manager in their absence in dealing directly with queries from members.
- To liaise with Legal Services regarding Statutory Regulations, opening of graves, family disputes etc. To validate and process refunds for Belfast and non-Belfast residents
Applicants must have at least one year's relevant experience of:
(a) working in a professional bereavement services environment;
(b) undertaking administrative and cash handling duties and using information technology software such as Microsoft Office, or equivalent packages; and
(c) supervising staff on a daily basis including programming workloads and priorities
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link or contact Robyn Barry. Robyn.Barry@staffline.co.uk
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.