Senior Engineer - Engineering & Asset Management
Job descriptionSenior Engineer - Engineering & Asset Management
Salary €45,000 to €55,000
- Primarily responsible for the development and management of the Annual Transmission System Maintenance Plan including corrective and preventive maintenance requirements for stations, lines and cables, ongoing prioritisation/deferral of maintenance and coordination with ESB Networks around outage durations and requirements within the framework of the Transmission Outage Planning Process.
- Responding to day-to-day equipment plant issues and coordinating with ESB Networks to manage discovered work and actions following transmission system faults.
- Ensuring prompt response to system faults and involvement/chairing of Fault Investigation Groups.
- Project Management for Maintenance Quality Assurance requirements and miscellaneous maintenance related projects which will involve contractor management.
- Identification and assessment of assets for refurbishment, including initial scoping and preparing capital approvals.
- Development and management of transmission system Asset Management plans, policies and standards including research, development and implementation of new approaches and systems for asset management.
- Project Management of selected Capital projects.
- Coordinating with other Departments in EirGrid and complying with all internal processes to ensure objectives are achieved.
- Reporting as required on all projects within area of responsibility.
- Engineering degree or equivalent.
- A minimum of 4 years post qualification experience in the Power/Transmission Sector.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to guide, persuade and influence others.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to provide innovative solutions to complex issues in a timely manner.
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability.
- Good project management skills.
- Self starter with the ability to develop and lead projects.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Proficient in MS Office Packages including Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Word.
- Full drivers licence
The Staffline Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Staffline Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.