|Published||about 1 month ago|
|Contact email||Deirdre Mulvenna|
Senior Estimator (Antrim)
We are recruiting for a Senior Estimator to join the team for one of our clients based in Antrim on a full time permanent basis. The client is a dynamic and progressive specialist joinery and interior fit-out contractor with a reputation for excellence and innovation and an international track record of achievement within a broad range of sectors including luxury hotels, prime residential, commercial and marine.
The opportunity has now arisen for a highly motivated and experiences person to fill the following position.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the accurate estimation of costs and the preparation and the preparation of tender documentation for submission to potential clients.
Duties will include:
- Proactive involvement in establishing the Bid Strategy to win assigned tenders.
- Bid manage assigned tenders to ensure a robust tender is produced meet tender deliverable and timescale.
- Manage estimating support staff assigned to the tender
- Proactive engagement of Senior management team during tender process from start up to adjudication meetings
- Preparation of enquiry and tender documents
- Sourcing and assessing supplier and subcontract quotations.
- Preparation of accurate Bills of Quantities from drawings, specifications and schedule of finishes.
- The preparation of an analytical estimate from first principals and where necessary as a check against subcontract quotations
- Calculation of site management and preliminary costs
- Participation in final negotiations
- Post tender and post contract discussions and cost considerations including evaluation of the contract
Required Experience / Skills
- A proven track record in estimating fit- out projects
- Strong negotiation, communication and presentation skills
- Excellent commercial acumen
- Good management skills
- A proactive and organised approach with the ability to work to strict deadlines in a fast and dynamic environment
- Excellent IT skills including experience in the use of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, Work and Outlook
- Experience using Conquest or similar estimating software packages is preferable
This is an excellent opportunity for you to join a dynamic and successful company where you can make a difference. You will have the opportunity to be involved in prestigious and exciting projects and can expect a competitive salary and benefits package.
- 5% employee and 5% company
- Sick pay
- Holidays 30 per year - increases with tenure
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Working from home policy - 52 days per year - 1 day per week
- EAP- Counselling
- Westfield Health Scheme - medical cash back and shopping discount portal
- Engagement committee- monthly events, Christmas events, gifts, support etc
- Great facilities
- Early finish Friday
- Enhances Maternity and Paternity pay
Hours of Work:
- Monday to Thursday 0830 to 5.30
- Friday 0830 to 3pm
- Flexible start/ finish times
- Negotiable depending on experience
Job Type: Full time - Permanent
If you are interested in the above position, please apply and a member of the Staffline team will be in touch with those successful applicants.