Temporary Senior Legal Executive (Planning and Regulatory) required for a large public sector client based in Belfast City Centre.
Rate of Pay: £15.78 per hour
Location: 9 Adelaide, Belfast City Centre
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Duration: Temporary ongoing
- To process an assigned caseload as directed, primarily in relation to planning agreements and the preparation of Title Reports but may also include other matters which fall within the remit of the Planning and Regulatory Section
- To support and assist generally Legal Services as and when necessary and where directed
- To assist the Divisional Solicitor, as appropriate, in the preparation of papers for Counsel and to attend Counsel as required
- To prepare affidavits and supporting relevant documentation in respect of planning agreements, applications to the Land Registry, and injunctions
- To assist the Divisional Solicitor in the provision of accurate and timely advice on matters relating to the functions and exercise of the powers and duties of the council and other public bodies to whom Legal Services provides advice
- To participate as directed by the Divisional Solicitor in Corporate Working Groups and Project Teams
- To assist in the drafting and preparation of committee reports as required
- Have a third level qualification in a relevant subject such as Law or equivalent qualification
- Be able to demonstrate on the application form, by providing personal and specific examples, at least two year's relevant experience of:
- working within a legal practice or in a legal department
- providing advice in relation to planning applications
- commercial conveyancing including preparation of Title Reports and the registration/ removal of Statutory Charges
- drafting reports on complex legal issues for presentation to senior management.
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link.
Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles.