Senior Mechanical Engineer
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Management, control and co-ordination of NPI projects from quote phase through to product realisation, ensuring an effective transfer of the project, in every aspect, into production, whilst ensuring project deadlines and requirements, including regulatory, are achieved. Management of NPI Projects as an individual covering all engineering, material and commercial aspects of a project or as Project Manager of a team of professionals working to a project plan with often challenging time scales. Involvement in the development of the NPI process, including the deliverables necessary at each stage gate to ensure internal and external customer requirements are exceeded.
3 Months Contract
Hours of Work
Mon - Thursday 8am - 5pm
Fri 8am - 1pm
Salary: £25k - £35k
Engineering responsibilities to include the following;
- Project management and ownership of multiple parallel projects
- Conversion of customer drawings and data into manufacturing data and transfer to Sage ERP
- Creating bills of materials (BOM's) and product structures for manufacturing
- Creation of operator build and process documentation
- Assigning process times, and ability to select optimum manufacturing process in order to maximise efficiencies
- Customisation of existing product design and technical support on build to print product.
- Hands on support in model and pre-production build as necessitated by the business.
- Maintenance of appropriate and accurate records.
- Involvement in contract review with respect to all NPI engineering and commercial issues.
- Coordination and implementation of engineering changes (ECN's) on current production
- Completion and development of documentation as per the requirements of ISO9001
- The successful candidate must have either a Degree or HND in either Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in an engineering manufacturing environment
- Experience in working with Mechanical/Electrical assemblies and an understanding of manufacturing processes.
- Project Management Experience
If you have what it takes to join the successful team of Production Operatives please contact Gregory in Staffline Lisburn or click on apply button and email your CV.
Why use Staffline?
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.