Senior Medical Social Worker | Louth/Meath | Temporary
Senior Medical Social Worker | Temporary |Louth/ Meath
The Client: Our client is a leading specialist healthcare services provider offering crucial services to acute hospitals and the local community. They are seeking to recruit a Senior Medical Social Worker to join their team on a full-time, temporary basis up until the end of December 2020. There is a possibility that this role could extend into 2021.
The Role: As Senior Social Worker, you will be responsible for delivering patient and family care across palliative care services.
- Assessment and delivery of social work services to the patients and families in the care of the palliative care team
- Co-ordination of the psychosocial aspects of patient and family care
- To act as point of contact for the relevant external agencies in order to facilitate care plans for the patients
- Assessment of bereavement needs, providing bereavement aftercare and counselling for relatives of patients
- Effective management of risk to individuals, families and carers
- Maintenance of patient files in accordance with national policy and departmental guidelines
- Ensure accurate data is captured on electronic patient management information systems
- Ad hoc relief duties as required by the department
Hours of work: 37 hours per week
- Bachelor or Masters degree and accredited national qualification in social work (NQSW) or its equivalent as validated by CORU
- At least 3-5 years post-qualification experience
- Relevant experience working in a hospital, primary care or similar setting
- Experience working as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Salary within the region of €50-55k
- Weekly payroll arrangements
- Paid holidays/bank holidays
- Opportunity to apply for FTC/permanent positions internally
**Please note, this is an immediate start**
WHY APPLY TO STAFFLINE IRELAND?
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about us. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed.
We are a leading recruitment agency offering a full recruitment solution throughout the island of Ireland and across the UK. We have branches across the island including Swords, Walkinstown Cork, Galway and Dundalk. Whether it's temporary contracts or full time employment, you can be sure that Staffline Ireland will have the right career for you. For all of our latest opportunities please visit our website www.staffline.ie