Senior Productiom Technician
Senior Production Technician
Band 5 Senior Production Technician required for a large public sector organisation based through the Belfast Trust.
Salary: £10.40 p/h
Location: Knockbracken / Royal Hospital
The post holder provide production services to Victoria Pharmaceuticals at Plenum and may be required to work once trained in ground floor assembly or manufacturing floor non sterile, sterile, clinical trials and cell therapy.
The post holder will be a line manager to technician and support staff working in the ground floor over labelling, repackaging and stores
The post holder will be responsible for the scheduling of the daily workload in their area
The post holder will undertake the induction, training and assessment of technical competency of production technicians, student pharmacy technicians and production support workers.
The post holder will be expected to participate in the extended working hours of the Plenum Building
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Preparation and manufacture of over labelled and repackaged products in line with good manufacturing practice (GMP)
- Preparation of sterile and non sterile manufactured specials
- Undertake the manufacture of investigational medicinal products in line with GMP and good clinical practice (GCP)
- Undertake the aseptic preparation of advanced therapy medicinal products in addition to the manufacture of cell therapy investigational medicinal products.
- Undertake aseptic preparation and dispensing of hazardous drugs including systemic anticancer therapy in accordance with COSHH regulations and regional and national standards under the direction of the lead technician/ senior pharmacist.
- Responsible for ensuring that standard practice complies with current legislation and guidelines to ensure the safety of the operator and the product
- Support the coordination of the day-to-day running of the unit and its staff, with particular attention to workflow, prioritising daily workload , organising staff breaks and ensuring adequate cover
- Maintain the unit to the defined standards of environmental control and reporting mechanisms are followed correctly
- Check staff comply with safety instructions and policies regarding working in the unit
- Contribute to the collection, collation, recording, communication of workload statistics and performance indicators
- Assist in the preparation, maintenance, review and management of standard operating procedures. Check that all relevant staff read standard operating procedures, either as a new staff member or when procedures are rewritten/updated
- Supervise and check the work of the team as appropriate through the use of pre- and in process checks
- Supervise technical staff regarding safe and secure storage of drugs, stock levels, stock rotation and returns
- Evaluate the performance of technical and support staff through the trust Staff Development Review process and develop Personal Development Plans.
- Manage sickness absence in line with Trust procedures.
- To act as a mentor and role model, providing support and guidance to all team members.
17.Monitor safe systems of work and help produce departmental risk assessments and action plans
- Monitor and record medicine and environment storage temperatures and alert line manager of any discrepancies
If qualified after June 2009: BTEC and NVQ Level 3 in Pharmacy Services or equivalent knowledge and competency based qualifications in pharmacy (see below equivalent qualifications) plus a minimum of 18 months relevant work-based experience in the UK under the supervision, direction of a pharmacist for not less than 14 hours Shortlisting by Application Form per week,
Technicians holding a BTEC qualification (or equivalent knowledge based qualification) and willing to undertake NVQ level 3 in Pharmacy services plus a minimum of 18 months relevant work-based experience in the UK under the supervision, direction of a pharmacist for not less than 14 hours per week.
If qualified before June 2009: BTEC level 3 National certificate in Pharmacy Services or equivalent knowledge based qualification in pharmacy (see below equivalent qualifications) plus a minimum of 18 months relevant work-based experience in the UK under the supervision, direction of a pharmacist for not less than 14 hours per week
ESSENTIAL CRITERION 2 Hold Accredited Checking Pharmacy Technician (ACPT) certificate or has completed formal training in good manufacturing practice.
ESSENTIAL CRITERION 3 Three years as a qualified pharmacy technician including one year as a pharmacy technician in hospital pharmacy.
ESSENTIAL CRITERION 1 Have a degree in a life science discipline including pharmaceutical science, microbiology, chemistry, and biology.
ESSENTIAL CRITERION 2 Have at least 3 years' experience in good distribution practice, medicines manufacturing, aseptic services or medicines procurement.
ESSENTIAL CRITERION 3 Be willing to undertake formal training in Good Manufacturing Practice commensurate with the responsibilities of the post.
If you are interested and available for this position, please upload your CV to the link or contact Orlaith Fogarty. Orlaith.Fogarty@staffline.co.uk
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.