Senior Quantity Surveyor
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Grafton Specialist Recruitment are recruiting for a Senior Quantity Surveyor on behalf of a leading Building Services provider. The Senior Quantity Surveyor will play a key role in M&E disciplines of construction projects, managing the costs from the early design plans, through to the Practical Completion & beyond.
- The Senior Quantity Surveyor will be responsible for securing the successful financial delivery of projects by controlling costs, progressing monthly valuations and managing variations and changes.
- Build, manage & maintain relationships with clients, contractors, other construction professionals, suppliers and site staff.
- Maintain financial control of projects including monthly valuations, job costing reviews and final accounts.
- Follow up monthly valuations to make sure that payments are received on time as per the agreed contract conditions.
- Assist in the commercial activities of the business and provide support/advice in this regard to the Projects Managers as required.
- Prepare on-time monthly valuations following site measurements and work-in-progress reviews.
- Complete and submit project documentation and correspondence within agreed timeframes.
- Process with monthly subcontractor payments.
- Review and approve contracts ahead of signing - highlighting any potential issues, assumptions and caveats.
- Develop and implement robust processes and controls to increase efficiency and improve performance.
- Any other duties required to fulfil the requirements of the position.
- Third level qualification in Quantity Surveying.
- 5 year's post graduate quantity surveying experience.
- Ability to manage multiple contracts from inception to final account stage.
- Ability to work alone & as part of a team.
- Strong contractual knowledge of both JCT and NEC Forms of Contract.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office especially Excel.
- Proven record of delivering on-time quality work within budget and with minimal supervision.
- Full UK driving license.
- 2 years' experience in a construction or mechanical environment
- Experience in financial planning and control of mechanical or construction projects.
The successful Senior Quantity Surveyor will enjoy a competitive salary depending on experience plus, Competitive Pension Scheme, Life Assurance, Health Cash Plan and Annual Health Check.
The Senior Quantity Surveyor role will be based in County Down.
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Ross McConville at Grafton Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland