Senior SCADA Engineer
Salary €45,000 to €55,000
Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) area, you will lead the deployment, usage and ongoing maintenance of SCADA, SCADA & communications devices and the telecommunications that the EMS relies upon. This will include working with communications services providers and vendors as well as a range of internal stakeholders to ensure the seamless operation of EMS.
You will also be responsible for supporting the implementation of new communication protocols and new telecommunications designs.
- Lead all aspects of the use of SCADA in the Control Centres including in the development of SCADA standards and processes to ensure the effective use and maintenance of SCADA in the EMS
- Responsible for the effective usage and maintenance of the Remote Terminal Unit (RTU) devices, Station Control Systems (SCS) and communications infrastructure that underpins the EMS.
- Manage the Open Access Gateway (OAG) database & servers to ensure seamless two-way communications between the Control Centres, the Distribution System Operator (DSO) and other external parties via ICCP (Inter-Control Center Communications Protocol).
- Provide technical expertise to internal SCADA operational teams on all technical SCADA interfaces including to data centre SCADA/EMS servers, Front-End servers and OAG servers.
- Manage key external and internal stakeholder relationships, including software, hardware and communications service providers.
- Assist and support, in real-time, the troubleshooting of issues and provide subject matter expertise to resolve these (as part of a defined 24-hour rota) for our key customers
Your experience will include:
- Engineering/IT degree or equivalent with a minimum of 6 years' experience.
- Experience of working with SCADA/ SCADA Protocols and RTUs
- Excellent technical skills and knowledge such as analysis, testing, design, implementation, programming and maintenance
The Staffline Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Staffline Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.