Senior Secretary required for a large public sector organisation based through the Belfast Trust.
Salary: £11.53 p/h
Location: NIAS HQ
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Duration: 2-3 months initially
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE:
The post-holder will be responsible for providing a full range of administrative and secretarial support functions to Director and Assistant Director level as required. This will require the planning, prioritising and monitoring of workload to ensure efficiency and accuracy at all times, and will include gathering information, proposing solutions and taking action to solve problems as appropriate.
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- To provide daily administrative and secretarial support functions, including drafting and typing letters, audio typing, data inputting and processing, email management, records management etc.
- To organise and maintain diaries as required and to ensure the Director/Assistant Director is well prepared for meetings with relevant supporting agenda and paperwork.
- To utilise Microsoft Office applications in order to produce high quality documents, presentations and reports as required.
- To deal with incoming emails, faxes and post and ensure effective and timely management of same, ensuring that action is taken and issues prioritised.
- To manage telephone calls, enquiries and requests from internal and external stakeholders as required, ensuring that action is taken and issues prioritised.
- To ensure that all information is produced in line with current legislation requirements and policies/procedures within the Trust, in a timely, accurate and confidential manner.
- To provide administrative services for specific Committees, meetings and projects including organising of meetings, issuing of agendas, supporting documentation and initiating follow-up actions as required. Minute/note taking responsibilities as directed.
- To devise and maintain office administration systems to deal efficiently with paper flow; organising and storing paperwork, documents and computer based information eg monitoring/brought forward systems, management information systems, filing systems etc and the implementation of improvements and additions required, in accordance with Trust Policies and Procedures.
- To monitor and request orders relating to Office stationery to ensure adequate supplies are maintained.
- To arrange travel and accommodation requirements; and provide administrative support to Workshops/events, as required.
- To ensure verification of invoices e.g. travel arrangements, course attendance, accommodation and hospitality purposes.
- To welcome visitors, corporate guests and arrange/provide hospitality as required.
- 5 GCSEs at grade C or above, including English/English Language and Maths, or equivalent and a minimum of 2 years experience in an administrative or secretarial position to include experience of Microsoft Office Professional Suite or equivalent e.g. word processing, creating spreadsheets, email management, creating databases, Power point presentations. OR Three years experience in an administrative or secretarial position to include experience of Microsoft Office Professional Suite or equivalent e.g. word processing, creating spreadsheets, email management, creating databases, Power point presentations.
- Word/Text Processing Level 2 - OCR/RSA (or equivalent).
- Ability to minute/note take at Committee level, meetings etc.
- Ability to delegate, motivate and use initiative.
If you are interested and available for this position, please upload your CV to the link or contact Orlaith Fogarty. Orlaith.Fogarty@staffline.co.uk
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.