Senior Software Developer
Senior Software Engineer
Location: Belfast, Co. Antrim
Salary: Highly Competitive Negotiable Salary
Grafton Specialist Recruitment has been retained to recruit a Senior Software Engineer based in Belfast.
The Senior Software Developer is responsible for;
- Delivery of data analytics solutions to customers and managing delivery of solution roadmaps
- Working with clients to determine requirements, understand their data, create specifications and architectures, understand usage, and run acceptance testing Mentoring of junior engineering staff (permanent and intern)
- Designing and implementing user-friendly applications and documentation Research and implementing existing analytics algorithms or developing new ones to solve customer problems
- Managing and integrating customer and third-party data from variety of sources Working with colleagues to design new systems, develop existing technology, or test theoretical designs
- Writing specifications and technical reports and determining operational feasibility Writing well designed, testable, efficient code and integrating software components into a fully functional system
- Following defined development processes and complying with project plans and industry standards
- Keeping up to date with developments in technologies and regulations
The successful candidate will be an experienced IT professional, with extensive experience in Software engineering and Development.
- Bachelor or Master's degree at 2.1 or above (or equivalent), preferably in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, or Mathematics
- Experience of back-end application server design/implementation, preferably using PostgreSQL
- Experience designing/delivering software solution architectures for IT infrastructure, preferable AWS or Azure
- Experience of collaborative software development using version control
Would be great if could;
- Demonstrable data analytics project development or delivery experience
- Container technology/orchestration experience using Docker or Kubernetes
- Strong knowledge of data modelling, processing or analytics * Experience of UX/UI design
- Project management certification
- Understanding and experience of database design and operation
- Expertise in software development methodologies
- Experience of application testing and continuous integration frameworks
- Experience with GNU/Linux ecosystem
You will receive a fantastic package, the opportunity to work for a key player in the industry and the opportunity to develop your career in a supportive environment.
Contact Details & Deadline
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Jamie at email@example.com at Grafton Recruitment OR call him on 02890323333
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland