Staffline Ireland is currently looking for a Senior Structural Design Engineer for an exciting opportunity with immediate start date. The successful candidates will be working with a well established Construction Company in Galway on a permanent contract. This is a very busy company, who are looking for hard working and flexible individuals to join their expanding team.
The successful candidate will be solely responsible for the full design process and will liaise with clients. This role will suit a Structural Engineer who can work independently, as well as support the needs of the company and team. We are looking for someone would ideally have 7 years+ experience in the construction sector.
- Ensure the design recognises all aspects of health & safety, environmental and quality related matters.
- Liaise with the site team to ensure buildable and robust details with the agreement of the construction team.
- Check sub-contractors/design drawings for compliance and interface.
- Manage design consultants and sub consultants along with design subcontractors to ensure correct and timely delivery of all design related information for the execution of the works on site.
- Reporting directly to the Head of Design
- Site visits and factory visits as required
- Review design drawings by technical team
- Proactively coordinate with project managers, design disciplines, construction management team, contractors, and Clients.
Experience & Skills:
- Relevant structural engineering experience in concrete and steel design - preferably Light Gauge Steel
- Experience of working with drafting and engineering design software tools (MasterSeries, TEDDS, and ROBOT Structural Analysis Professional), & associated sketch detail, collation into calcs reports
- Proven analytical skills and an in-depth understanding of the underlying principles of structural analysis, including connection design.
- Good knowledge of global stability of LGS/HRS structures and robustness strategy design (disproportionate collapse) different building consequence classes i.e 2A & 2B
- Good knowledge of BS & EN Standards and Annexes for both Ireland & UK.
- Technical Submittals preparation & presentation for consultant review
- Experience in design, ideally contractor design experience.
- BCAR inspections & BCAR certs
- 3rd party peer reviews co-ordination
- Ability to make decisions and work on own as well as part of a team.
- Positive attitude and proactive problem-solving approach.
Experience of the following preferred (but not essential);
- Site experience would be an advantage.
- Temporary Works design
- Offsite & Modular (and other MMC & DfMA experience)
- Fire Testing & Certification experience (BRE, NSAI, etc.)
- Thermal calculations (u-value W/m2k)
- Acoustic calculations (dB)
- BIM Level 2 experience / awareness / qualifications
- CPD presentations
- A Level 8 Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering as a minimum. A relevant master's qualification is advantageous.
- Preferably a chartered engineer (IEI or IStrucE) or a desire to gain Charter
- Strong organisational and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication abilities.
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Full driving licence/ Own transport as there will be a small amount of travel to projects within Ireland.
- Free parking on site
- Pension contribution
- 26 days Annual Leave
- A fantastic opportunity to work in a fast growing company
Why use Staffline? We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please contact 091423293 or email email@example.com or apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button