Senior Warehouse Operative
Job descriptionAbout Our Client
Staffline Recruitment is delighted to team up with a leading Wholesale Fresh Produce distributor in Munster who are the preferred supply partner to some of Corks Major food outlets and businesses. They are expanding the team and now have a vacancy for an experienced enthusiastic person to join the Warehouse team lead to support the continued growth.
The Senior Warehouse Operative will support the Warehouse Supervisor in effectively receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations. Oversee the efficient receipt, storage, value-adding servicing, and dispatch of a wide variety of products.
Ultimately, you should be able to Support the Warehouse Supervisor with strategic compliance in line with company policies and vision and ensure productivity targets are achieved and that all warehouse processes are running smoothly and promptly in the following areas:
- Oversee receiving, warehousing, distribution, and maintenance operations
- Setup layout and ensure efficient space utilisation
- Initiate, coordinate and enforce optimal operational policies and procedures
- Adhere to all warehousing, handling, and shipping legislation requirements
- Maintain standards of health and safety, hygiene, and security
- Manage stock control and reconcile with data storage system
- Plan work rotas, assign tasks appropriately
- Produce reports and statistics regularly (IN/OUT status report, dead stock report etc)
- Receive feedback and monitor the quality of services provided
The Ideal Candidate:
- Experience in warehouse management procedures and best practices
- Proven ability to implement process improvement initiatives
- Strong knowledge of warehousing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Hands on experience with warehouse management software and databases
- Leadership skills and ability manage staff
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- 3-5 years' experience in a similar environment
- Our client values all employees with over half the work force having at least 10 years' service.
- The ideal candidate can expect an excellent working environment, stability, fantastic development opportunities.
- A great salary and benefits package.